Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

About to install LS7, Revshift diff/mounts

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well got started and the first exhaust bolt broke, what is the story with the fix for those? Def doesn't seem like it is gonna go as smooth as I thought I thought it would. Gonna try to heat the rest up
Old 09-19-2013, 07:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Which exhaust bolts? If they're on the 2 bolt flange on the cat, drill them out or blow them out with a torch. I broke all 4 of mine off and was able to hammer a couple out, the others I had to drill.
Old 09-19-2013, 07:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

op,
throw some PB-blaster on the rest of those bolts before you mess with them. if it's an exhaust bolt at the header flange. try to use a dremmel with a mini metal cut off wheel to slice a slot in the remaining bolt, i have done this on a 4.0 jeep and it worked like a charm or else you may have to remove the head.

everyone else,
Thanks for all the info in this thread. LS7 clutch threads are a dime a dozen but its hard to find consistent info

Last edited by shadyLS6; 09-19-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:13 PM
Launching!

We got the rest out without breaking by heating them up. Also got the tranns out as well. Will update with some pics and stuff later
Old 09-20-2013, 06:25 PM
Launching!

do you need to remove the cats? Can't get the bellhousing off, the right bolt

Last edited by TeamSorad; 09-20-2013 at 06:31 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
do you need to remove the cats? Can't get the bellhousing off

Nope.

Make sure your O2 harnesses are out of the way. There's also a big-*** loom at the top that gets stuck. Helps if you pull it out from the top first. The bell-housing will come out without much finesse once the harness is out of the way.
Old 09-20-2013, 06:46 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DarkCharisma
Nope.

Make sure your O2 harnesses are out of the way. There's also a big-*** loom at the top that gets stuck. Helps if you pull it out from the top first. The bell-housing will come out without much finesse once the harness is out of the way.
What tool did you use? I'm talking about the 2nd bolt that is above the starter, the oem cat is in the way I can't get anything on it to get it loose. I already have all the other bolts out, just can't get that one.

Just to be clear I have stock exhaust manifolds, not headers

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...h-install.html

the one on the right, (says on the right with the red arrow)
Old 09-20-2013, 06:57 PM
TECH Regular

I used a ratchet wrench. It barely fits, and it's like 5* of turn each time, but you can get it on there.

Did you remove or loosen the starter ?
Old 09-20-2013, 07:23 PM
Launching!

got the bolt out now I am spinning the housing around and can't get it out. Haven't messed with the starter but the bell housing isn't coming out. from what you are saying it is probably some wires holding it up. Besides the big *** flywheel
Old 09-20-2013, 07:26 PM
TECH Regular

Yeah. It's a bit of a bitch to get out of there. Patience and it'll come out. Make sure your engine is dropped as far as it can go. You can also loosen the motor mounts if it's really feeling impossible.

If it makes you feel any better it's a LOT easier to put back in without the massive flywheel.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:06 PM
Launching!

Got it out, had to take the clutch/pressure plate off to get the bell housing off. Now the flywheel bolts are not lined up and I'm beating it with a hammer and it isn't moving. Thought I saw a thread about it but can't find it

Thanks for the help guys keep it coming

Last edited by TeamSorad; 09-21-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Old 09-20-2013, 08:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got it out, had to take the clutch/pressure plate off to get the bell housing off. Now the flywheel bolts are not lined up and I'm beating it with a hammer and it isn't moving. Thought I saw s thread about it but can't find it

Thanks for the help guys keep it coming

Try putting two pressure plate bolts back into the flywheel (sticking out some) then use a long prybar (or similar) between them to turn the flywheel enough to get the bolts aligned.)
Old 09-21-2013, 03:27 PM
Launching!

okay got the new flywheel and clutch installed/torqued. Now we are on to the revshift mounts, do you have to remove both manifolds? we are looking at the passenger side now and it looks pretty close and almost impossible without.

thanks again, keep the tips coming in
Old 09-21-2013, 07:07 PM
TECH Regular

okay got the new flywheel and clutch installed/torqued. Now we are on to the revshift mounts, do you have to remove both manifolds? we are looking at the passenger side now and it looks pretty close and almost impossible without.

thanks again, keep the tips coming in

To directly answer your question: No, neither manifold have to come off with stock exhaust. I did both revshift mounts with everything still installed.

That being said, if you can confidently remove your manifolds without fear of snapping or otherwise destroying the bolt heads or head threads, go for it. I've never cussed more in a 3-hour window than when I tried putting those motor mounts in without taking stuff apart around it.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:55 AM
Launching!

Yea got the mounts out, not sure what the other threads are talking about. Didn't have to remove anything and they came out. Helped when I watched the video from CS.
so thanks to them.

The stupid part is, the bolts that mount to the motor on the passenger side were hand tight,so that could have been causing some vibration. And on top of that I already have aftermarket mounts! Looks like the UUC yellow mounts and they look to be in mint condition, so I'm a little pissed. I ended up putting in the revshift mounts, but the yellow ones were working perfect for the year I have had the car (prolly a lot longer when the previous installed them) So I feel like I wasted 150+ on new mounts when these are fine

So the new mounts are installed and the clutch/flywheel is torqued ready to go. Thanks again guys, big help and keep it coming
Old 09-22-2013, 03:47 PM
Launching!

Apparently I had the complete UUC kit with the tranns insert, is there any input on UUC VS revshift mounts? The UUC seemed perfect in my car and looks a lot beefier than the revshift kit. I never was able to compare to stock but there wasn't any noise or anything that seemed out of place. Still pissed I bought new mounts and I already had a kit

I have revshift mounts installed but can't install the revshift tranns insert because the uuc is one solid mount and I don't have the stock mount. So it is gonna be revshift mounts with uuc tranns mount installed

Installing the mounts was pretty easy because we took out the subframe bolts (like in the video) and the bell housing was cake also because we just lowered the motor down and with the subframe loose the motor tilted perfectly. gave about 1"
Old 09-22-2013, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Glad to hear it's going together well for you.

How are you going to bleed it?
Old 09-22-2013, 05:03 PM
Launching!

I just have the stock bleeder, didn't have time to order the speed bleeder. Just gonna try with the mighty vac I bought from autozone. Figured if gm can bleed it with just the nipple sticking out against the car then I can too haha. Prolly gonna be a huge biatch

Putting the tranns back in now
Old 09-22-2013, 05:43 PM
Launching!

is there a write up for the revshift differential install? I googled and can't find it
Old 09-22-2013, 05:52 PM
TECH Regular

is there a write up for the revshift differential install? I googled and can't find it
Likely not any different than the others. Remove old one, clean hole, add lube, forcefully insert new until seated. Torque to 130ft-lbs or some jazz like that.

I used a reciprocating saw and carefully cut out the old metal ring. Worked pretty quick and easy.

Edit: It's a two-piece like their other bushings. A few members have done UCA bushings already. Installation procedure is likely very, very similar.

Last edited by DarkCharisma; 09-22-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Quick Reply: About to install LS7, Revshift diff/mounts