Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Best insurance for a Cadillac CTS-V?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2013, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best insurance for a Cadillac CTS-V?

I just picked up a 2011 Cadillac CTS-V from a buddy of mine for a good price. It's still sitting in my drive way, uninsured.

Who do u guys use for insurance? Anyone special I should look at? Or should I just go with the usual GEICO, Allstate, Progressive, etc?

Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I would get quotes and see what works for you, most of the big names are good/ok, but prices vary greatly by region and company.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I go through Allstate because a buddy of mine handles my account and his father owns the branch. I have zero complaints so far but I havent had any claims knock on wood.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:58 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a $9K hail damage claim with Allstate last year on my old DD. The insurance side of the process went pretty smoothly and one of my easier claims. As long as their rates stay competitive for my needs, I'll stay with them.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Back when I worked for Hertz, State Farm was the best to deal with from a vendor's perspective. They actually pay the vendors on time and don't sweat every small detail, this makes a shop's cooperation so much easier and you'll likely move to the top of their priority line.

I've had State Farm for years because my mother did. I haven't made any claims on my own policy, but fortunately, the two claims that I have had to make were also State Farm.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:01 AM

thanks for the suggestions.

state farm seems to be the best "big company" in terms of price. they quoted me at $77/month, which is really not bad for a cts

the absolute cheapest i found was from 4autoinsurancequote.com at $54/month average, but they seem like a small company, so i wanna do more research on them before i get started.

has anyone bought a policy from Amica before? they keep getting all the best reviews in my area.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:39 AM
On The Tree

There are too many variables between the driver and then company to say who is best on price. I get all OCD and do a spreadsheet with apples/apples quotes from almost everybody.
Thats pretty cheap though, is that with full coverage and high deduct? That site you listed is just a broker right?
Old 12-10-2013, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

My suggestion would be to get car insurance.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:46 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

I use E-surance. i know all the coverage prices I want so i shop around every renewal period. This time, E-surance was the cheapest for the exact same coverage as all others. But I bounce from USAA, progressive, e surance etc
Old 12-10-2013, 04:33 PM
Launching!

I use USAA, never had issues with claiming anything and I've been with them since I was 16.
Old 12-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Staging Lane

USAA hands down if you can get in. Amazing customer service. Kid pulled in front of me in or Xterra and completely totaled. They took good care of me and gave me much more than I expected. I had just put a bunch of money into it upgrading and hey actually took it into account. When insurance people call me even friends and I tell them I have USAA they say we can't match that. Just my two cents.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RunYun
USAA hands down if you can get in. Amazing customer service. Kid pulled in front of me in or Xterra and completely totaled. They took good care of me and gave me much more than I expected. I had just put a bunch of money into it upgrading and hey actually took it into account. When insurance people call me even friends and I tell them I have USAA they say we can't match that. Just my two cents.
USAA for the ******* win!!!!!!!!

had them for years, always easy to deal with, easy claims, awesome for every other application.

Not to mention that as a member, you are basically a shareholder in the company and get a check every year since they divide profits among all the members. I just got the email today $98 dollar deposit pending.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:09 AM
9 Second Club

Received 221 Likes on 164 Posts

I use USAA but have had several issues with there customer service over the years. My new insurance company wont cover any new policies with ctsv's so I still have auto with USAA. I dont recommend them to anyone. There homeowners insurance is worse than the auto side for sure.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:59 AM
Launching!

I had usaa and it was pretty cheap. Then my car was stolen which they paid for fast and easy but now they are way more then geico. Geico is pretty cheap I full coverage my v1 for less than 100 a month
Old 12-12-2013, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by minytrker
I use USAA but have had several issues with there customer service over the years. My new insurance company wont cover any new policies with ctsv's so I still have auto with USAA. I dont recommend them to anyone. There homeowners insurance is worse than the auto side for sure.
Not sure what version of USAA you found, been using them over 10 years for auto, homowners, and personal property and have never had one issue. Their customer service is always spot on and very helpful. I am sure you can tell from the multiple other posts that they are awesome to deal with. Maybe there are other issues at work here....
Old 12-12-2013, 05:56 PM
Staging Lane

Ya not sure who you dealt with, but if you had a problem with someone and told them I am sure they would have taken care of it. Insurance on my V is only $65 per month for full out coverage. Own it outright so not required to cover it full, but we all know what these things are worth.
Old 12-12-2013, 06:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe he was unhappy with the payout on the USAA home coverage. I use them for everything but I did discover that their standard coverage for home insurance is the type that prorates your house so they take into depreciation when they do a payout unless you select a more expensive type of insurance. A friend who is a Statefarm agent pointed that out, said I'd be awfully disappointed if I ever had to do a claim.
Old 12-13-2013, 12:34 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1yakini
Not sure what version of USAA you found, been using them over 10 years for auto, homowners, and personal property and have never had one issue. Their customer service is always spot on and very helpful. I am sure you can tell from the multiple other posts that they are awesome to deal with. Maybe there are other issues at work here....
Started using them in 1999. Had zero issues until I moved back to Texas in 09. They kept sending all my stuff to my ex-wife in another state. This went on for months and several supervisors before they got it straight.

Originally Posted by RunYun
Ya not sure who you dealt with, but if you had a problem with someone and told them I am sure they would have taken care of it. Insurance on my V is only $65 per month for full out coverage. Own it outright so not required to cover it full, but we all know what these things are worth.
I have filed several complaints against them through USAA complaint system and through the better business bureau. Only received one call back out all the complaints, they just said sorry and then read a scripted apology on how they will learn from their mistakes to help other members and so on.

Are you running state minimums on your full coverage? I own my 06 ctsv is $600.61 every 6 months but I have higher coverage than minimums. My G8 is $500 every six months with the same coverage.

Originally Posted by MN_V
Maybe he was unhappy with the payout on the USAA home coverage. I use them for everything but I did discover that their standard coverage for home insurance is the type that prorates your house so they take into depreciation when they do a payout unless you select a more expensive type of insurance. A friend who is a Statefarm agent pointed that out, said I'd be awfully disappointed if I ever had to do a claim.
Never had any claim or payout with USAA on homeowners insurance. I own two houses and they wouldnt insure one of them because there computer program said its in a wildfire zone because of the fires in Bastrop. I live as close to Basdrop as I do Houston, I live out in the country. There isnt even any forest's even remotely close to me. USAA even pulled my house up on google earth and agreed that I didnt live in a wildfire zone but said they can't override the system. USAA was the only company to say I lived in a fire zone out of all the ones I got quotes from before going with Germania on both houses.
Old 12-13-2013, 03:27 AM
Launching!

Not sure off your exact insurance but you should look into geico minytrker, I have both my 04 V and 04 Sierra Denali pickup on my plan it is barely over 600 for both. Both have low deductibles
Old 12-13-2013, 11:50 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by TeamSorad
Not sure off your exact insurance but you should look into geico minytrker, I have both my 04 V and 04 Sierra Denali pickup on my plan it is barely over 600 for both. Both have low deductibles
Thanks! I switched to Geico today. I called geico and actually increased my coverage and still saved $400 every 6 months over USAA. I had geico before and only reason I left them was when I lived in SC their motorcycle insurance was WAY more expensive than USAA.

Quick Reply: Best insurance for a Cadillac CTS-V?