Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

God Bless the Hennessey troops

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default God Bless the Hennessey troops

Many thanks to everybody at the Hennessey Performance Engineering (HPE), Lake Forest, CA facility for the excellent work & customer Service that they did on my ’09 CTS-V HennesseyV700.
They have truly outdone themselves on quality of work & customer service.
William Rollins, shop manager, called me a while back and told me that HPE was willing to do whatever it took to make me a happy camper customer. I told him that I was not totally happy with the tune a little rough, & the RWHP & RWTQ gain over stock dyno baseline runs.
William replied that he would see what they could do & get back with me the next day.
I thought that I had better not hold my breath on this one. Next thing that I would believe in was that there really were Leprechauns with pots of real gold.
Next day, no call. I thought oh-oh, this is not good.
Next day, William calls & I almost passed out right there on the phone.
HPE was going to buy the 10” lower pulley that I wanted & let me have it at their cost & HPE would Install it for free, & check out the rest of the car for free. Their tuner was coming out from Texas the next week & tune it, also for free. I was beside myself. Damn near fell over dead.
Car went to D-3 the next week & they did a great job on the installation of my Kooks headers & went outside of the envelope quite a ways for me on the installation of the AlkyControl meth unit by sectioning the driver compartment control box, cutting it in half, & installing it next to the lighter compartment, ensuring that the door would shut for that clandestine factory “box stock” look.
HPE installed the pulley the next week, had the car tuned for the meth & headers, & had it detailed.
On a “***** out” “Bonzai” run it laid down a very respectable 715 RWHP & 698 RWTQ. They dropped back the timing a couple of degrees, dropped the alky controller about 2 #’s, & laid down a very respectable 658 RWHP & 617 RWTQ, using SAE CF, for my street tune.
My bill from HPE: $ 512. HPE paid for all labor expenses, including the tune. I only had to pay for lower pulley, Idler relocation bracket, & belt.
They picked me up 82 RWHP & a similar amount of RWTQ. or $ 512. I am totally beside myself on HPE fixing everything for me (for free) & coming to my aid. I am just totally ecstatic. The RWTQ goes almost straight uphill on the graph.
This was truly a “gift from heaven”. God Bless HPE, even the Tejas boys.

Last edited by Gary Wells; 12-24-2013 at 04:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2013, 06:33 PM
Banned

Congrats any vids?
Old 12-14-2013, 06:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

No, none yet. I 'm afraid to let anybody that knows me see a 20 sec pass in a low 11 car.
As soon as I get a new puter I will be able to post videos
Old 12-20-2013, 03:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrats. I've been considering getting some D3 suspension parts. Sounds like both Hennessy and D3 are making V2 folks happy!
Old 12-21-2013, 08:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Good to hear, may be the first positive thing ive ever heard about Hennessy
Old 12-21-2013, 08:21 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jcollege
Good to hear, may be the first positive thing ive ever heard about Hennessy
Old 12-21-2013, 08:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Both D3 & Hennessey treated me great.
Old 12-21-2013, 01:36 PM
On The Tree

Great to hear you're so pleased with the end result and the way the Hennessey guys went the "extra mile" to make you a happy camper ( IMO, companies doing what Hennessey did are rather rare occurrences nowadays, unfortunately)

You owe it to yourself to let your buddy Mike make a few passes down the 1/4 one time, even if on street tires.

All the best
Old 12-21-2013, 02:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GTman
Great to hear you're so pleased with the end result and the way the Hennessey guys went the "extra mile" to make you a happy camper ( IMO, companies doing what Hennessey did are rather rare occurrences nowadays, unfortunately)

You owe it to yourself to let your buddy Mike make a few passes down the 1/4 one time, even if on street tires.

All the best
Hmmmmm?

GTman??
2 posts??
Joined Dec 2013//??

Hey, Mike, how you doing?
Old 12-21-2013, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
Hmmmmm?

GTman??
2 posts??
Joined Dec 2013//??

Hey, Mike, how you doing?

Gary

Sorry for any confusion. Leave it to computers to screw things up. Because it continually wouldn't recognize me as a current member had to re- register.
Hence the reason for you seeing 2 posts, Dec. 13 join date.

To help clarify, not Mike, but the original owner of the two tone Turbo T that sold last March.

Need to ask you a favor. Next time I'm out your way I'm going to insist you take me for a blast in that Hennessey massaged beast of yours !
Old 12-21-2013, 03:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Grant?
Old 12-21-2013, 04:20 PM
On The Tree

Grant?

Yes.

I know you're probably thinking why the hell didn't I say so from the outset !
Old 12-21-2013, 04:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by GTman
Yes.

I know you're probably thinking why the hell didn't I say so from the outset !
No Grant, I wasn't thinking that about you. I was thinking how good it is th hear from you. Hope you & family are doing great & best wishes for a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
As much as I will miss the clock in the Caddy, I think that I am going to have D3 mount an Aeroforce gauge in there.
How's yours doing?
What RWHP & RWTQ you doing now?
Old 12-21-2013, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

No Grant, I wasn't thinking that about you. I was thinking how good it is th hear from you. Hope you & family are doing great & best wishes for a very Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.
As much as I will miss the clock in the Caddy, I think that I am going to have D3 mount an Aeroforce gauge in there.
How's yours doing?
What RWHP & RWTQ you doing now?

Really like the idea of having the Aeroforce guage in the clock's place.

As for mine, it's gone into hibernation ( winter storage) until the Spring. Very much envy you guys in Kali with your ability to get to play year round.

Looking into doing injectors ( ID850 ?), installing a ZR1 supercharger lid (said to be worth 15 rwhp/ 20 ft-lbs torque ), a ported TB and new tune.

Will keep you posted as the mods are done.

Have a Merry Xmas and all the best in the New Year.

P.S. Be careful, no speeding tickets with that V ( Hennessey) beast !

Quick Reply: God Bless the Hennessey troops