Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

muffler delete

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2014, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default muffler delete

Basic question but I deleted my mufflers now I'm not sure if I should just got to Midas and get new 2.5" pipes bent to fit and new tips welded on or is there an alternative? I don't want anything welded since I may go back to the mufflers one day, but for now I'm loving the sound... thanks.
Old 03-06-2014, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GFallen
Basic question but I deleted my mufflers now I'm not sure if I should just got to Midas and get new 2.5" pipes bent to fit and new tips welded on or is there an alternative? I don't want anything welded since I may go back to the mufflers one day, but for now I'm loving the sound... thanks.
Thats what I did, magnaflow tips, couple feet of pipe. So what.. you wanna go back to mufflers just cut out the new pipe
Old 03-06-2014, 05:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You'd need to weld in the mufflers again anyway. Go ahead and have the shop weld up some pipes.
Old 03-06-2014, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

They're going to weld in some pipe to stick it back far enough and then attach the tips to that. No worries. Ask around at independent muffler shops those guys are usually the best at that sort of thing, and cheap!
Old 03-07-2014, 01:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by MN_V
They're going to weld in some pipe to stick it back far enough and then attach the tips to that. No worries. Ask around at independent muffler shops those guys are usually the best at that sort of thing, and cheap!
This ^^^^^ mine was like $50. just save your mufflers if you want to put them back on and tell the shop that so they can leave enough pipe on them to weld to if you want to go back stock.

Quick Reply: muffler delete