Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

V1 Projector (Low Beam) Lens Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2014, 09:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V1 Projector (Low Beam) Lens Upgrade

anyone done a projector retrofit on a V1 with a nicer projector?

i am going to be cracking open a set of lights to paint them and unfortunately one of the lenses on the project is chipped. so either i have to scrap a whole light or see what i can do about replacing it, whether it just be the lens or the whole projector. so...anyone done it?

Last edited by Bio248; 04-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:55 AM
TECH Resident

here's a thread from CF where he retrofitted a FX-R projector into the stock housing:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-fx-r-3-a.html

however, i was hoping to find a projector a little bit closer to stock size to make it easier for the transplant.
Old 04-09-2014, 09:42 AM
TECH Resident

so i decided it's much easier just to replace the lens versus retrofitting a completely new projector. this will undoubtedly clean up the low beams light output and will be the cheapest solution. they range from $40-45 from the retrofit source.

i'm much more comfortable with this option!
Old 04-11-2014, 02:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TRS
Thanks for your inquiry and patience waiting on a response here. We had a customer bring an opened CTS w/ OEM HIDs into our shop and I had a good look inside. We ended up going with the RX350 Bi-Xenon projectors, which required him to make some metal brackets to hold them in place of the stock projector. I also think he lost the AFS (turning) function of the stock HIDs when he did that swap.

One thing to keep in mind here is the new projector uses D2S bulbs, so you would need to plan on also purchasing bulb/ballasts as part of this.

The RX350 projectors can be seen on this page: http://www.theretrofitsource.com/com...350-sti-r.html.

Let us know what you think of these or if you have any other questions.
Originally Posted by me
Did you by chance get to measure the lens diameter and focus height of the stock projector?

I was thinking my best plan of attack would be to just replace the lens. I feel as though that'd be a good compromise between and upgrade and not spending a whole lot on doing it. It'd also retain all of the stock functions of the headlight.
Originally Posted by TRS
Thanks for your reply! Unfortunately there is not a lens swap for the CTS that we're aware of.
Originally Posted by me
What's stopping me from using a different lens of the same diameter so long as I get the focus height as close as possible to the stock lens (using spacers as necessary)?
Originally Posted by TRS
That's actually the issue--none of our clear lenses are close enough to size and shape of the stock lens for it to be a swap there.
god dammit.

anyone got a spare headlight, whatever condition? i need to replace the lens..

Quick Reply: V1 Projector (Low Beam) Lens Upgrade