Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Maggie Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 11:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Maggie Injectors?

Anyone care to share what size injectors come with the Maggie.
Mine have a blue ring near the top and are labeled c132a02761.
I did a search and the number comes up with no results.
I appreciate the help.
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

42# and 60#. Blue rings are 60#
Old 05-18-2014, 12:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

40# and 60# injectors come with the maggies if IRC

edit: got beat to it and 42 sounds correct
Old 05-18-2014, 12:21 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks men.
My tuner was having some issues between the injectors and the magnavolt.
As soon as I'd go into boost the magnavolt would add fuel and he was having an issue leaning the car out a little.
Old 05-18-2014, 01:18 AM
TECH Resident

Something sounds odd. The magnavolt boost the voltage to the fuel pump to maintain fuel pressure under wot conditions. It is not making injectors add fuel.
Old 05-18-2014, 07:29 AM
On The Tree

If you have the stock Maggie tune, the injector tables for the 60# are way off. You would need the Banish data for the injectors to get them set right. Magnacharger half asses the tune, to say the least.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Onefast V
Something sounds odd. The magnavolt boost the voltage to the fuel pump to maintain fuel pressure under wot conditions. It is not making injectors add fuel.
Hmm, I don't know then. Basically while cruising the car was running a little fat but nothing too extreme. As soon as I'd go WOT the AF would go into the 8's. After several changes he got the AF to 10.5-11.

In the hp tuner program the tuner went to a tab that allows you to add fuel while in boost (Cant remember the name) and had to take it down to nearly zero.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:13 AM
TECH Resident

Boost or power enrichment. I wonder if your fuel pump is dying in general and you have low fuel pressure before the magnavolt turns on.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Green=42 blue=60. Unless your running an SD tune there is no way your tuner is adding fuel by boost. If your running the MAF then your talking power enrichment. Try the banish data for those 60's. I was almost maxing the maf with the 112 the way I had it and it would throw off the the tune as the maf was going ape **** and the magnavolt was adding fuel as soon as boost would come in. Hence why I'm going SD and tuning for actual boost
Old 05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
Green=42 blue=60. Unless your running an SD tune there is no way your tuner is adding fuel by boost. If your running the MAF then your talking power enrichment. Try the banish data for those 60's. I was almost maxing the maf with the 112 the way I had it and it would throw off the the tune as the maf was going ape **** and the magnavolt was adding fuel as soon as boost would come in. Hence why I'm going SD and tuning for actual boost
It does have a SD tune now.
To get the fuel right he had to tell the computer than the injectors were 50# or 52#, I can't remember.
Also, the duty cycle is less than 50%.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has the Mototron S107. http://www.bmotorsports.com/shop/pro...roducts_id/449
Old 05-18-2014, 10:58 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brackets
I appreciate the info man. Thanks for the link.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrad
To get the fuel right he had to tell the computer than the injectors were 50# or 52#, I can't remember.
Has he entered the correct data for the MAP you are running? Even if your fuel pressure rises with the magnavolt it shouldn't bring the AFR in the 8's unless your pressure is way up there. I'd hook up a pressure gauge off the rail and tape it to the windshield so u can watch it while street tuning. Might help
Old 05-18-2014, 01:02 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jerrad
When I had mine tuned, the tuner had to do the same thing due to the injector data being so far off. You really are going to have to get the Banish data for the 60lbers to do a good SD tune, or your tuner will struggle to get it right. The data really isn't out there other than in his injector CD. With his data, I was able to actually set the ecm to the right size injectors and begin to get accurate data for the VE table.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:15 PM
TECH Addict

Has he entered the correct data for the MAP you are running? Even if your fuel pressure rises with the magnavolt it shouldn't bring the AFR in the 8's unless your pressure is way up there. I'd hook up a pressure gauge off the rail and tape it to the windshield so u can watch it while street tuning. Might help
I'll pester him about it and look into a gauge. I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by brack86svo
When I had mine tuned, the tuner had to do the same thing due to the injector data being so far off. You really are going to have to get the Banish data for the 60lbers to do a good SD tune, or your tuner will struggle to get it right. The data really isn't out there other than in his injector CD. With his data, I was able to actually set the ecm to the right size injectors and begin to get accurate data for the VE table.
Thanks for the tip man. I'll get after him about this too.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:20 PM
TECH Addict

The magnavolt is making me nervous.
I'm thinking about swapping in a dw300 with a hotwire kit and removing the magnavolt.
I assume that would work, is there any reason it shouldn't?

I know on my old turbo buick I had a FP regulator that increase pressure with vacuum.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A PD blower is about the easiest thing to tune aside from N/A. If he can't get the tune correct with a predictable setup such as a PD blower you need to reconsider the person doing your tune.

I knew the answers to many of these problems before I attempted my first tune. I'd be looking for another tuner, or get the hardware and learn yourself.
Old 05-21-2014, 10:18 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Isn't there an operating system upgrade that allows you to do this? It's available for the LS6 PCM but not for my LS2 PCM dammit.

Quick Reply: Maggie Injectors?