Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

XLR question - trying to get Lloy's mats to match "black" interior

Old 06-15-2014, 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XLR question - trying to get Lloy's mats to match "black" interior

Hey guys. My step Father has a 2006 XLR that's inferno red exterior and what they label as "black" interior. The carpet is quite obviously not black, but more of a dark grey, and I wondered if anyone could steer me towards a matching color in Lloyd's mats. I have a set for my '06 CTS-V and love 'em, but I got straight black to go with my light grey carpeting. Held up to the XLR's carpets, black does NOT work though. I've seen "ebony" Lloyds mats before and they seemed to have a green-ish tinge to them that really turned me off of that color though. Would ebony be the best match for the XLR's carpet, or would something like "smoke", "graphite", or "dark slate grey" be better? I know I can see swatches on the various vendor's websites, but that really doesn't help much since who knows how accurate the color is being displayed on any given screen. Any help would be appreciated!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:35 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had a set of ebony Lloyds mats recently and there was no green tinge. Most would consider them black until you held them up against a black mat for comparison. I considered them a charcoal color.
Attached Thumbnails XLR question - trying to get Lloy's mats to match "black" interior-mats1.jpg   XLR question - trying to get Lloy's mats to match "black" interior-mats2.jpg  
Old 06-16-2014, 10:18 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Fweasel
I had a set of ebony Lloyds mats recently and there was no green tinge. Most would consider them black until you held them up against a black mat for comparison. I considered them a charcoal color.
Hmmm... Thanks! What'd you use that made them look like a baseball outfield? haha
Old 06-17-2014, 05:17 AM
TECH Apprentice

Smile Mats

My mats are stock XLR. They look charcol and match the carpet pretty well. when u compare the mats to the dark black leather seats there is a big difference...black mats like u said are way too dark...Go to a Cadillac dealer. They might have them in stock...The only thing the black XLR logo is barely visable..it's in a rectangle way up towards the pedals where your heals rest.
Old 06-18-2014, 07:37 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GREG O.
My mats are stock XLR. They look charcol and match the carpet pretty well. when u compare the mats to the dark black leather seats there is a big difference...black mats like u said are way too dark...Go to a Cadillac dealer. They might have them in stock...The only thing the black XLR logo is barely visable..it's in a rectangle way up towards the pedals where your heals rest.
Yah, those are the mats he's got in his car now. They're a little ratty looking, and you can barely see the "XLR" embossing on the heel pad anymore. Thus, the idea to replace 'em.

I ordered "ebony" mats for my V last year (wound up returning for straight black ones), and I think they'd be too dark for his XLR's interior color. So, I'm leaning toward "smoke", "graphite", or "dark slate grey". Just can't figure out which one to go with...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: XLR question - trying to get Lloy's mats to match "black" interior