Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Help with Electrical Issues

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Electrical Issues

I need some advice before I take my V in to the GM dealer tomorrow to have them diagnose it. First based on all of the research I have done I believe there is a good chance that my body control module is the culprit...what I don't want is to give the dealer $100 to tell me that (or nothing at all). The reason I think BCM is b/c it seems like one of the issues that other ppl have had causing some of my gremlins AND they coincidentally started shortly after I had an AC system leak all over my passenger side floorboard (and the BCM). So the floors are staying dry now and I fixed the drain issue.

It started with voltage high warning but when I checked at battery with voltmeter it was normal at idle and when off. Now I get no voltage, no XM band, no power windows, no clock, no TPMS, and Service Theft System message. Starts right up runs fine, etc.

So what do you all think? Should I cancel my appt tomorrow and replace the BCM myself? Oh I also went through and cleaned and added star washer to every single ground I could get my hands on (about 8 different spots). If I need to spend the $100 to get these things fixed that's fine but don't want to waste money..on the other side of the coin I don't want to start spending 100-200+ dollars on multiple components that could be the issue or might not be the issue.
Old 07-21-2014, 01:10 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sounds like a BCM. Needs to be programmed by the dealer though IIRC.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:04 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got similar weird gremlins, no XM and auto windows occasionally stop working, CD player stops working, auto-close on the sunroof stops....

Is this the one we'd need?

http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/more...567&cc=1432726
Old 07-21-2014, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Thanks DMM I guess I can go to my appt and ask about this before I fork over the cash...and see if maybe I specifically ask about just diagnosing the BCM for less than $100.

DarkCharisma, that doesn't look like what I have found. ACDelco Part#10391431 is what I've found looks like it fits all CTSs from 03-07 and SRXs from 03-06.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

Hrm, that's just what Rockauto said. Disregard then

If you go for it, let me know if it fixes your XM problem.
Old 07-21-2014, 02:20 PM
Teching In

I found my part # through rockauto too. So who knows. I just selected make year, etc. and typed "Body Control Module" in the search. But I'll let you know if it fixes the issue and if you will need a dealer to flash the BCM.

Originally Posted by DarkCharisma
Hrm, that's just what Rockauto said. Disregard then

If you go for it, let me know if it fixes your XM problem.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:58 PM
Teching In

Just wanted to follow up since I said that I would. Got my new BCM from rockauto plugged it in and all seems good ...EXCEPT I'm still going to have to take it to the dealer to get it flashed b/c I get a "theftlock activated" on the nav screen. But I'm sure I saved quite a bit just by not buying the BCM from the dealer not to mention they wanted to diagnose it first which would have been an extra $100
Old 07-24-2014, 04:28 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by gabe-v
Just wanted to follow up since I said that I would. Got my new BCM from rockauto plugged it in and all seems good ...EXCEPT I'm still going to have to take it to the dealer to get it flashed b/c I get a "theftlock activated" on the nav screen. But I'm sure I saved quite a bit just by not buying the BCM from the dealer not to mention they wanted to diagnose it first which would have been an extra $100

Nice, so your XM is back?
Old 07-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by DarkCharisma
Nice, so your XM is back?
After having the BCM flashed to undo the theft lock it is. I have a rca plug spliced into mine for MP3 input but everything is back 100% after this. Power windows, clock, voltage, service theft system warning, tpms, ... whatever else I had going on. All better now!!!!

Quick Reply: Help with Electrical Issues