Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tune Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 09:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Numbers

Finally got headers and tune. Put up good numbers. Car has almost completely new driveline, trans, ls7 clutch with RAM FW. First run was with OBX headers and hi flow cats only, second is after Ed Hutchings tune. I think Im happy... for now.

Car is loud, i know its not everyones flavor, but i get stopped by someone at least once a day who is in love with how it sounds, and thats just the first week. Was considering bullet magnaflows to cut the rasp a little but I might just leave it.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

what kind of exhaust are you running past the headers i have the stock catback and my mods in my sig and i am trying to find out what kind of HP may be there with a better catback. nice #s by the way.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question

So the obvious question is what year is it??
Old 07-27-2014, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bigti99a
what kind of exhaust are you running past the headers i have the stock catback and my mods in my sig and i am trying to find out what kind of HP may be there with a better catback. nice #s by the way.
Its an ls6 with 90k. thought it was in my sig but guess not. exhaust? nothing. after the cats its an xpipe straight back. Our mods are about the same. Might be some tuning numbers as well.
Old 07-27-2014, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I took my catback off and ran dumps off my high flow cats once, and yeah, that **** was fawkin loud. I think I might have had the neighbors callin me in for that one if I left it. I agree with putting some bullets on it. Good numbers, though.
Old 07-27-2014, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Numbers are close to mine also. Before tune and after. Ps and high flow cats going into the stock after the cats. I want it to be louder with out drone. I'm thinking of just replace the mufflers and see if i get any more power.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You won't get any power from mufflers.
Old 07-28-2014, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bmylez
You won't get any power from mufflers.
What he said. All the restrictions are at the manifold and the cats. Honestly if you want a little louder put an xpipe in place of the resonator and see how that sounds. I really dont understand people on here who say they want no drone, anything louder is going to be louder across the powerband. But even with mine running no mufflers it isnt very loud at idle and cruising (2K) but it really gets loud when you step on it. Thats all relative though. At least you already did the expensive part since deleting mufflers and resonators is very cheap.

I dont think Im going to touch the exhaust, I got stopped at the gas station this morning, another fan of the set up. The lady next door said she loves it too. I just have to be careful of those occasional early morning starts.

I bought wire protectors since one of the plug boots just about touches the header, the protectors are red but where it has been touching header the color is all gone. Anyone know if these things can melt through or is it just the dye that burnt off?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the no power with mufflers. I may just do some cut outs but on the fence since I see that all have problems after a few years. Then some have zero customer service after the sale.

On the wires subject. I have not seen any melt but have seen them crack the insulation all the way through.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Where did you get it tuned?
Old 07-28-2014, 10:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jcollege
Where did you get it tuned?
Ed Hutchings has a shop down here, I heard that Frost in Richmond is very good too and closer to you. Where in NOVA are you?
Old 07-29-2014, 08:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I am in Ashburn and am in desperate need of a tune after my header install. Planning on going down to Frost when I can find a free day...where are you located?
Old 07-30-2014, 10:08 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jcollege
I am in Ashburn and am in desperate need of a tune after my header install. Planning on going down to Frost when I can find a free day...where are you located?
I used to live up there in leesburg, down in hampton roads now. I just ran into a guy on 64 the other day in a silver V... he knows several people in Richmond who have them. Recommended Frost for the guys up there. At least you are near Lindsay Cadillac.
Old 07-31-2014, 06:02 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

them be fair, as the obx squeeze to 2.5 instead of havin 3" collectors.

if you had ported heads and intake you would be above 410...

FYI dont look at the numbers, look at the AFR from 3500-redline and make sure its 13.5 at 3500 then drops to 12.2-12.6 from 4000- redline. this way your engine will be happy...Dyno numbers are for braggin, has nuttin to do with how it runs on the street. Too many other factors to consider...
Old 07-31-2014, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Naf
them be fair, as the obx squeeze to 2.5 instead of havin 3" collectors.

if you had ported heads and intake you would be above 410...

FYI dont look at the numbers, look at the AFR from 3500-redline and make sure its 13.5 at 3500 then drops to 12.2-12.6 from 4000- redline. this way your engine will be happy...Dyno numbers are for braggin, has nuttin to do with how it runs on the street. Too many other factors to consider...
Doubt you going to see 30hp with ported heads and intake, not on an ls6. I been all around that with my shop. Since the owner has a built ls6 and they already flow very well, they have tackled that already and its not very economical for just a few hp. the headers maybe a little, but anyone who buys the obx knows that the collectors are 2.5 it is what it is. Its a dd and im happy where it is now. I never intended to build it like yours obviously is. Impressive to say the least.

AFR looks good. Im not a tuner but Ed's reputation speaks for itself, im not going to second guess his work. Especially with a 35hp gain. Car runs great on the street. Besides, who gets a 400hp car and doesnt brag on it sometimes? Dyno numbers matter, especially when I watch them put up 775 rwhp on the mustang they built. http://www.allaspectsmotorsports.com...-shop/10882526
Old 07-31-2014, 12:08 PM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Gt11 cam with ported heads and 1 3/4 headers yeilded me 425 on mustang dyno. Change from ford to bosch injectors and gained 5hp and lbft
Old 07-31-2014, 04:27 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Naf
Gt11 cam with ported heads and 1 3/4 headers yeilded me 425 on mustang dyno. Change from ford to bosch injectors and gained 5hp and lbft
Copy that, but you said 2 key things. Cam and Mustang dyno. So our comparison is already way off. Im not doubting you that the mod will help, but the intake and heads on the ls6 already flows very well. It was just a bad bang for the buck mod. The cam would be much more economical.

Either way, I want the motor to last so I think I've stretched it as far as I am willing until its paid off.
Old 08-01-2014, 01:38 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

If you wanna cheat then get new valve springs with ti retainers and 1.85 rockers

You will get a little more torque down low and a tad more hp up high

Quick Reply: Tune Numbers