Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Makin progress

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2016, 09:35 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

OK so figured out that somehow the three purple wires were swapped around

now I have a reduced engine power because I feel the accelerator wires are not plugged in properly

I have radio, clister but no info on the cluster led sections.

Tomorro durin lunch i am goin to do a vdt and hopefully regain full function of the car. Just need to find my spare keys...
Old 12-05-2016, 02:23 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

We have ground power to the injectors again, we tried the switch but no starter function is present.

I disabled the clutch request and still no key function to start

She ran for a second and wants to start, but i need to do throttle play to get her runnin.
Attached Thumbnails Makin progress-photo335.jpg  
Old 12-05-2016, 04:11 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Key works now,

We found the fuel pump may have kicked the bucket...

Had a spare module with a 450lph layin around, so we are gonna swap the modules after lunch
Old 12-06-2016, 03:05 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

We have takeoff...

She finally started and stayed runnin with throttle play.

Will need to assemble everything then later clear out all the gunk in her so she may purr nicely...

Finally back on the right track again
Attached Thumbnails Makin progress-photo864.jpg  

Last edited by Naf; 12-06-2016 at 03:14 AM.
Old 12-06-2016, 05:46 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Engine still runs,

But now the four way is always on, and the key in ignition chime is active when the drivers door is open till either the doir is closed or the ignition is switched on.

Radio stopped working
Old 12-07-2016, 01:50 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

today was good, i installed my chinese tech2, and found i have a small problem with my programming, Unplug the obd2 plug and the flashers and chime work, with radio off, plug in the obd2, chime, radio, and 4-way operate properly.

I tried to program it all, but i dont know what i am doing...So i am goin to re-assemble my car, and take it to an expert to fix...

I also have to turn off the on-star request, i ditched mine centuries ago, and never been happier...
Old 12-07-2016, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

2+ years of "making progress" and still nothing much to speak of.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:09 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NIKDSC5
2+ years of "making progress" and still nothing much to speak of.
I know. It feels like he's been in ECM/BCM/SDM network purgatory forever.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:30 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Now i get to redo all my add-ons like the exhaust baffles, methanol rear tank, wbo2 sensors, and maybe change my one channel egt to a four channel egt.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:25 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

This comin Sunday is the day i get my car back from the shop...

Over the moon excited to see it road worthy again, its gonna go for alignment, then add in my above mentioned accessories, and enjoy...

The weather here is just perfect, mornings start at 41F and rise up to 65F by noon just about daily. I also found a cop free long stretch of road where i shouldn't be bothered while i help accelerate the cleanin of the exhaust...
Old 12-21-2016, 09:18 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Was on eBay and found some really clean fuse/relay kits for under $30 I snagged a six way fuse relay combo and a four way fuse with two relay combo.

The six way fuse/relay combo goes in the trunk for the fuel pump, transmission cooler, differential cooler, exhaust control, and methanol injection. the four way fuse two relay combo will go in the front for the power and additional IAT solenoid control as well as oil cooler fan with one relay spare
Old 12-25-2016, 08:11 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received my ride at my workshop yesterday, but between xmas gift opennin, mail run, work, and droppin my parents off at the airport, i didnt have time to play around with it..

Tomorro i will install the front bumper and a quick fix on the drivers side skirt.

Then its electric nightmare and run some fuel through the tank.

Come to think of it i need to swap the sparkplugs and wire set, currently runnin stock tahoe plugs, a bit too hot for my liking.
Old 12-28-2016, 02:04 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

I know it has nutting to do with my V progress, but here is a low down of today's tasks:

I am reassembling my newly purchased 1994 Honda NSR250R, should be done by sunday, then its off to the DMV for registration.

My restomod project of a 1994 GMC Yukon, dubbed Lil Green Giant, is gettin her engine looked at. I have a Stroked LS2 collecting dust in my stores, so i may just swap it in with the MSD Atom fuel rail. I have Brembo 6-p front calipers and 4-p rear calipers waitin to be installed, going to restore the interior back to working stock condition, except will install modified 2010 Tahoe seats. Will also install air springs for better capacity, full poly bushings, 20x8.5 denali wheels, and ladder bars for better performance.

I have a 2000 Land Rover Defender 130 series waitin on shipment to me, but i did score a new P15 engine with the latest and largest turbo i could fit on that engine, even have it tuned, and ready for installation. This time 6-p AP racing calipers for the front and 4-p for the rear, full poly bushings, 20x9 wheels, and LED lights.

All this and i have another lil girl on the way due in march. So creative accounting and startin to pawn off as much stuff as possible is a must... Be sure to check out the classifieds, all my prices include shippin to you...
Old 12-29-2016, 03:06 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

We are started, just need to work out my small idle issue.

Fuel is fresh, but now the oil is crap and the injectors do need a nice cleanin. So for the first week in jan we are goin to get idle back. And get back on the road...

I hope i didnt ruin my catz...
Attached Thumbnails Makin progress-photo253.jpg   Makin progress-photo743.jpg  
Old 01-03-2017, 03:41 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

We are runnin

After 20mins of idle

After 20mins of 1250rpm idle

Water temps never went over 93c and oil pressure was 385-400kpa all the time...

Tomorro i will flush the oil out one more time then start tunin. Am too rich all the time,
Old 01-11-2017, 09:04 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

So we started her up again yesterday, and we have an oil spill between the engine and bellhousing.

So until my mechanic can drive over to me i am installin my remote meth tank all the electricals for diff cooler, trans cooler, and exhaust baffle control.

Later i will tackle the engine bay and redo all them electricals too.

We figured out the phantom issues, the fuse for the dlc was blown, so it caused the fourway to work as well as endless chimin.

I may have a trip at the end of the month but i do see myself drivin my lil girl next month.

I cleaned up the tune on the fly and now she idles much better with less fuel smell.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:43 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

I am waiting for my slot to open at my friends shop, he has a few Vettes and mustangs to do, so i pushed forth with my rear electronics.

Basically i have my meth/water injection in the rear of the vehicle, i have a thermo switch and a manual switch to activate the pump, the float helps control the activation of the pump, if there is no water in the tank it will shut off the relay housing the power supply from the Snow performance module.

The exhaust flaps are a little more creative, i have a rpm switch and manual control that control a relay that is set to 87a on the solenoid, from there, we have a jumper to another relay that controls the vacuum pump. Now we ran into a problem where the vacuum pump would twitch on and off, we trind to find the source of the leak, but then realised it was the pump its self, so we added a check valve and all is done there.

I have a nice neat fuse box housing my direct fuel pump wiring, as well as transmission cooler and diff cooler relays, as the above two additional circuits.

I am now tiding up the rear and will post pix tomorro.

For the front i just have to install a small fuse box for my oil cooler fan as well as two solenoids for the meth/water injection.

Then its time to load her up and have the rear main seal changed.

I have 5w30 mineral oil and compcam 159 for a clean breakin, or till i get to 14000km, then i will swap over to 5w30 syn oil and have fun...

My finishline is gettin closer, and i am excited...

Now to have more fun, i may get the hitch adapter and tow my bike to my friends chalet for a fully enjoyable drive to and from our adventure rides...
Old 01-29-2017, 04:56 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Scheduled a slot in my friends shop for next week.

We are gonna drop all the bracin, the ds, tranny and rear diff.

We will find the engine oil leak
Repair it

Swap out the rear rubber diff bushins for polys

Reinstall everythin and enjoy

Later i am gonna pull out my cf boards and create a nice underskirt for the front and rear as well as the sides.

Last edited by Naf; 01-29-2017 at 06:27 AM.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

What kind of boards you talking about ? Just sheets ? How thick ?
Old 01-30-2017, 07:21 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by rjoffe
What kind of boards you talking about ? Just sheets ? How thick ?
Pure CF boards, 5mm thick, i will install nutserts with extensions so they will be flush and smooth.

But its a pain to get right for you need a properly leveled ground to start with, then you have to get the car height proper, then you may start to install the underskirt.

For the rear i have a nice finned diffuser, and for the front i hope to just mimic the original one, but make it in a way to also help cause a vacuum to in effect add more downforce.

Google searches will be exercised and lots of pix analyzed

Quick Reply: Makin progress