Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Non-functioning headunit & driver's seat issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 10:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Non-functioning headunit & driver's seat issue

Issue #1: Installed diff bushing/block, rear cradle bushings, TA bushings, tranny mount, Hurst STS and flushed/changed all fluids. Everything completed, hooked battery up, radio/NAVI/entire headunit not working. Checked both "Audio" and "AMP" fuses under rear seat and both fine. Door chime still loud as $#@&.

Issue #2: Came out to move car around this AM after 1200 mile drive from OH to TX. She drove excellent for the most part...tad nosier due to the new bushings, but everything solid, shifter great, etc. Driver seat was reclined all the way back and bottom section had been moved as well. Car was locked/untouched all night. Bottom half doesn't seem to be functioning.

Any ideas/help/input would be muuuuuuuuuuuuch appreciated!

(Sorry in advance if I've missed any previous threads on this...still getting up to speed on forum life.)
Old 09-03-2014, 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Seems all these weirdo issues are either bad grounds or a bad BCM.

Mine will periodically stop giving me the XM band, windows won't roll up without holding the button, sunroof won't close without pushing and holding the switch, random SES warnings on DIC without codes present in the ECM, etc.

Quick Reply: Non-functioning headunit & driver's seat issue