Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS V Power Steering Pump Fitting

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2014, 11:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS V Power Steering Pump Fitting

Hi All

I purchased an LSA Engine and currently installing it into my HX Holden Sedan. I purchased the pulley and belt kit from Jegs and im having issues connecting to the power steering pressure outlet on the pump. Pump part number is 20806165. The fitting that I cant work out is part number 25969500. I will try and post some pics as well. Is there away I can hook up to this fitting or is there an alternative I can use. I was thinking maybe the turnone CTS V fitting. Ive tried -AN fittings but they hit on the pulley. There is also another option of the Detroit Speed fitting 090401 but not sure if either of these would work.

Thanks for your help

Daniel
Old 09-15-2014, 09:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

WE need some pictures of the car! lol
Old 09-16-2014, 01:17 AM

Sure no probs, Its almost finished still got a bit to go but its finally getting there lol.

Old 10-11-2015, 12:20 PM
Teching In

Default 090401 Issues

I have a similar '07 CTS V pump on an LS2. I bought the Detroit Speed fitting, which is intended to replace the original, but the base of the fitting is too small and doesn't completely cover the opening in the pump. As a result, the corners of the hex base score the pump during final tightening, and you can still see the opening hole slightly on the middle of the flat hex sides. I was worried about dust getting in, and the scoring, so I added a washer, but the pump now leaks, and I wasn't able to install the pulley completely anyway, once a hose was connected. In other words, it didn't do what it was supposed to even if I left the washer off and it didn't leak.

I've now ordered the Flaming River FR1634, which from the picture, looks like it's not intended to replace the original fitting, just act as an extension, with the hose connection being far enough from the pump that it will be beyond the pulley, avoiding the tight fit problem. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Teching In

Default Flaming River FR1634

mreamann,
Did this Flaming River FR1634 work? I'm in a similar situation.

Quick Reply: CTS V Power Steering Pump Fitting