Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Vengeance tune and LS7 clutch thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 02:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vengeance tune and LS7 clutch thoughts

Took the V to Vengeance this past Saturday for some stuff. My car was basically stock except for muffler and mid pipe delete. Went in for all new motor trans diff mounts, BMR pinion support, fixed the crappy exhaust job another person did and welded on some 4" Magnaflow tips, LS7 clutch, and a tune. I am super happy with this car and build. The clutch engages right where it did before so no relearning the car. I have zero I mean zero clunk when I shift and drive now. And the clutch and shifts are butter smooth. The tune makes the car feel like it pulls better and I haven't had a chance to open her up yet but the little I have has put a new smile on my face. On their dynojet I believed it is corrected or loaded whatever lol it put down 343hp and 340tq I'm very happy. Just though I would share with the V community.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:06 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by 05RavenV
Took the V to Vengeance this past Saturday for some stuff. My car was basically stock except for muffler and mid pipe delete. Went in for all new motor trans diff mounts, BMR pinion support, fixed the crappy exhaust job another person did and welded on some 4" Magnaflow tips, LS7 clutch, and a tune. I am super happy with this car and build. The clutch engages right where it did before so no relearning the car. I have zero I mean zero clunk when I shift and drive now. And the clutch and shifts are butter smooth. The tune makes the car feel like it pulls better and I haven't had a chance to open her up yet but the little I have has put a new smile on my face. On their dynojet I believed it is corrected or loaded whatever lol it put down 343hp and 340tq I'm very happy. Just though I would share with the V community.
I know when I had my 05 CTS-V that changing the clutch made a world of difference in how the car drove but I also installed a Katech shifter at the same time so I know that helped to. You are in good hands with Vengeance Racing!

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 09-26-2014, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah I got the pissinuoff Hurst and I love it.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Tune?

What made you decide to spend money on a tune for a stock car? Just wondering is all.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing wrong with tuning a stock car. It will pick up some power with more timing. And the stock tunes from gm are not all that fantastic.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Nothing wrong with tuning a stock car. It will pick up some power with more timing. And the stock tunes from gm are not all that fantastic.
^this. The car was lethargic as crap when you matted it. And just didn't act like I felt a 400hp car should. After the tune it's completely different and will hold me over until next year when I am probably gonna do h/c/i. It is well worth the money. And at I guess around a 20hp increase to the tires a pretty good all around mod for the money.

Quick Reply: Vengeance tune and LS7 clutch thoughts