Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

New aluminum pulley kit installed

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2014, 07:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New aluminum pulley kit installed

My latest mod. I installed the UPD pulley kit on my 2013 CTS-V. Pulleys and bracket are aluminum and much lighter than factory. Right around 4 pounds of weight savings. Of course the pulleys are rotating weight which makes it even a better savings. Went with a 2.55 diameter blower pulley. It can be easily changed to smaller or bigger by removing the 6 screws later on if I want to change boost levels. The big tensioner pulley is 105 mm which produces more belt wrap and less chance for belt slippage. The smaller lower pulley which you can’t see very well in my first pic is moved over slightly to give room for those with larger crank pulleys. For now I have the factory crank pulley but plenty of room for larger should I decide to change later.

Now to tune my engine.

Here’s a couple of shots of the pulleys. First is the blower pulley along with the tensioner and idler pulleys. Second the 6 rib idler pulley just above the alternator and then a shot of the pulleys on the bracket prior to installation.
Attached Thumbnails New aluminum pulley kit installed-pulleys.jpg   New aluminum pulley kit installed-6-rib-idler-pulley.jpg   New aluminum pulley kit installed-pulley-assembly.jpg  
Old 12-29-2014, 01:35 AM
Naf
TECH Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like a winner to me..

Quick Reply: New aluminum pulley kit installed