Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Heat Shield Rattle? 05 V

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2014, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Heat Shield Rattle? 05 V

I started hearing something today. Sounds like passenger side, middle to front. It's a light metallic rattle when I hit bumps. Hitting the brakes doesn't affect it, so it's not brake pads/shims. I'm off tomorrow and might take a look. The only thing I've done recently was change the bolts that hold the B&B catback to the truebendz cat pipes so I could tighten them more. Fixed the leak but now I have a rattle. Not surprised, I'm a live-action Charlie Brown. There's always an issue.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:34 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I recall, there are heat shields very close to the drive shaft and mid exhaust pipes. I too had a little interference after a catback install that was quickly remedied with a minor adjustment. There's also the tunnel brace bolted to the bottom of the car near the rear.
Old 12-30-2014, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Fweasel
If I recall, there are heat shields very close to the drive shaft and mid exhaust pipes. I too had a little interference after a catback install that was quickly remedied with a minor adjustment. There's also the tunnel brace bolted to the bottom of the car near the rear.
Tunnel brace doesn't fit with the B&B.

Good info. I'll start around the x-pipe area.

Quick Reply: Heat Shield Rattle? 05 V