Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Just Bought 2011 CTSV ... Known Issues? Fixes? Recalls?

Old 01-01-2015, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought 2011 CTSV ... Known Issues? Fixes? Recalls?

I just picked up a 2011 CTS-V, auto, sedan
What are the know issues? recalls? etc... to take advantage of under the factory warranty?
Which are the must do mods?
Is the ZL1 lid worth doing with a CAI and no other mods? Tune needed? Does just the lid void warranty? Thanks

This is my daily driver but I definitely want to improve the performance ....
Old 01-01-2015, 09:46 AM
TECH Addict

Supercharger replacement:

http://forumfoundrycdn.com/nickj/aut...erCoverage.pdf
Old 01-01-2015, 01:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by JOHNSOND61
I just picked up a 2011 CTS-V, auto, sedan
What are the know issues? recalls? etc... to take advantage of under the factory warranty?
Which are the must do mods?
Is the ZL1 lid worth doing with a CAI and no other mods? Tune needed? Does just the lid void warranty? Thanks

This is my daily driver but I definitely want to improve the performance ....

Entry level mods are probably considered to be a CAI, 2.5" supercharger pulley and tune. These mods should put you in the 535 - 550 RWHP range (on a dynojet dyno). However, be careful to keep an eye on the stock injector duty cycle as you may want to upgrade the injectors to ID 850's if needed. The tuner would be in the best position to let you know if you need to upgrade the stock injector. Some upgrade injectors with these mods and some don't . Again if you go this route check with the tuner. Also remember a pulley change and tune will void your warranty.

IMO, I'd forget about the ZL1 lid ( ie. I believe the engine has to be lowered to make the lid fit, has to have new lines and fittings and for the small HP gain you would see with your basic stock set-up not worth the time, effort and expense). Probably just do the CAI ( Airaid ) if you are worried about voiding warranty. Shouldn't need a tune with just the CAI installed.

Warranty items include having the supercharger isolator changed over from the spring loaded isolator to the GM solid piece one if not already done. I believe the warranty on the supercharger has been extended to 10 years and 120 K miles. Any wheel clicking noise from the front wheels is covered under warranty ( with a service bulletin).

If any noise is heard from the diff make sure the diff fluid has the GM diff additive. If that doesn't cure any noise issue coming from the diff then the diffs are being replaced under warranty .

If the car has Recaro seats some have experienced a " rocking" motion. A warranty item ( service bulletin ).

Last edited by GTman; 01-01-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't lower the engine to run a ZL1 lid, you either shave off the front ribbing or you dent your hood with a rubber mallet, and I've heard of quite a few people opting for denting, as terrible as that sounds on such a nice car.
Old 01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bmylez
You don't lower the engine to run a ZL1 lid, you either shave off the front ribbing or you dent your hood with a rubber mallet, and I've heard of quite a few people opting for denting, as terrible as that sounds on such a nice car.

Believe it or not, some guys (in the beginning) lowered the engine albeit slightly enough to make the ZL1 lid fit !
Old 01-01-2015, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

As I recall the injectors on the LSA and the LS9 are the same (same part number and everything). You should be ok, many shops don't upgrade them until you start going past 700whp. I'm pretty sure the local shop here keeps em until you get that high. And then if you go higher than that, they toss in ID1000s.

Pulley, headers, intake, tune... That will net you a pretty nice gain. If you have it local, go e85. You'll get shitty fuel economy but you will also get a big bump in power. Its also cheaper than regular 87 octane (at least near me).
Old 01-01-2015, 04:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

That doesn't sound ideal whatsoever, as it would change the angle of their driveshaft...an issue that some V1s have had. I suppose if it was just a small amount, wouldn't be noticeable, though.
Old 01-02-2015, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bmylez
That doesn't sound ideal whatsoever, as it would change the angle of their driveshaft...an issue that some V1s have had. I suppose if it was just a small amount, wouldn't be noticeable, though.

Reportedly something like a 1/4 inch.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just Bought 2011 CTSV ... Known Issues? Fixes? Recalls?