Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

04-07 cts v test pipes

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2015, 01:09 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 04-07 cts v test pipes

I've tried searching and googling but I can't find anything. I could swear I saw a company that makes them that hook up to the stock manifolds. The set was sold unassembled and the buyer would have to weld them or have them welded. Maybe I'm wrong. Anyone know of these?
Old 03-13-2015, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Www.truebendz.com

You may have to email them. I don't see anything listed under 04-07 CTSV anymore.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:49 AM
TECH Resident

http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com...lac-cts-v.html
These are/were what you're referring to. They've been out of production for some time, but there have been a few rumblings that they might run some more. I suggest you contact them and let them know you're interested. I picked up a used set a few months back and they REALLY open things up. Too much for my setup, actually. It was WAY too loud. I un-installed and re-sold them to someone else on the forums. I could see them sounding really nice if I had mufflers, but I don't, and didn't wanna spend another $500 to probably get the same sound I have with OEM cat pipes, muffler delete, and x pipe resonator replacement.
I will definitely vouch that they're a top notch piece in terms of quality, etc though. If headers are out of the question and you can get your hands on a set of these, you'll be a happy camper!
Old 03-13-2015, 11:54 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i contacted mandrel exhaust systems a while back and they said they were looking into rolling that part out again, but then never got back to me again. i think it's going to remain extinct.
Old 03-13-2015, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I heard the same thing. But th OP is referring to the other pipes they sold. They were a precut pair of pipes (no cats) with 4 flanges and gaskets, sold as a kit for you to weld up and illegalize your vehicle yourself. Those aren't there anymore either but I'd bet they would be much easier for them to supply if you call them directly.

I have the cat pipes mentioned above and like them very much. Even with the 3" B&B catback.
Old 03-13-2015, 08:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't understand why the don't still make them ? They have the jig and the only thing special is the end and donut. Make them in batches of 5 and only offer the magna flow cat.
Old 03-13-2015, 09:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmargo
I don't understand why the don't still make them ? They have the jig and the only thing special is the end and donut. Make them in batches of 5 and only offer the magna flow cat.
Line up group buys and they probably would. It's a 11-8 yr old car. Look at the size of their catalog. I can see why it's not an off the shelf option anymore.
Old 03-14-2015, 05:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bio248
i contacted mandrel exhaust systems a while back and they said they were looking into rolling that part out again, but then never got back to me again. i think it's going to remain extinct.
Press on the link above...
Old 03-14-2015, 02:56 PM
Teching In

Thanks guys! I appreciate it. I'll start making some phone calls.

Quick Reply: 04-07 cts v test pipes