Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Creative Steel Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings question

Old 06-21-2015, 02:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Creative Steel Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings question

I'm in the process of doing a major overhaul on my '04 V. Today's project is reassembling the rear cradle. I put the CS control arm bushings in yesterday - however, the card that came shipped with the rear control arm bushings has a note that "Stainless steel plates are installed touching the bushing flange".

However, unlike the front upper control arm bushings, the rears did not ship with a stainless plate - only a washer that I suspect is intended to go under the bolt head.

Before I put these back in and bolt everything up, I wanted to see if anybody else has already dealt with this.

CS's website pics don't show any stainless plates on the rear bushing pictures, so I'm thinking Max just did a copy/paste on his instruction card for the rears and forget to edit it.

I'll be calling CS in the morning if nobody here responds, but I figured if I could get an answer here today, all the better.

Thanks!
-Chris
Old 06-22-2015, 10:08 AM
FormerVendor

Chris, you are correct, it was a copy/paste fail. We just caught it about Thursday afternoon I believe. The rear upper control arm bushings do not come with stainless plates. We apologize for the inconvenience!

-Jordan
Old 06-22-2015, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Thanks Jordan!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Creative Steel Rear Upper Control Arm Bushings question