Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Lorenzen's Progress Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 06:05 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FuzzyLog1c
Yep, you're right. My apologies. That should make sense based on the bolt diameters: 24mm front, 21mm rear.
Sometimes your mechanical knowledge shows with little stuff like this. The bolt head diameters are what you said, but the diameter of the bolts are not. Just in case someone breaks a bolt, the actual diameters (and what you will look for online, or ask a store clerk) are 16mm front, 14mm rear.

I say this because I have already had someone use your torque specs, and were worried if they over torqued the bolts. If we are going to put information out onto the internet, it may as well be correct, right?

Last edited by Creative Steel; 07-11-2016 at 06:33 PM.
Old 07-11-2016, 07:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Creative Steel
Sometimes your mechanical knowledge shows with little stuff like this. The bolt head diameters are what you said, but the diameter of the bolts are not. Just in case someone breaks a bolt, the actual diameters (and what you will look for online, or ask a store clerk) are 16mm front, 14mm rear.

I say this because I have already had someone use your torque specs, and were worried if they over torqued the bolts. If we are going to put information out onto the internet, it may as well be correct, right?
Stop posturing, and don't lecture me about torque specs. You're not in a position to do so.
Old 07-15-2016, 01:00 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I hate to bump this as I thought it had blown over, but apparently that's not the case.

Fuzzy, you posted *** backwards torque specs and got called out on it.
Nobody is "posturing." And yes, I do think you need lectured on torque specs. You're wrong.

This banter needs to stop.
Old 07-15-2016, 02:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
I hate to bump this as I thought it had blown over, but apparently that's not the case.

Fuzzy, you posted *** backwards torque specs and got called out on it.
Nobody is "posturing." And yes, I do think you need lectured on torque specs. You're wrong.

This banter needs to stop.
You don't know the backstory, which spans about five years, therefore you aren't able to correctly frame why what was said is posturing.
Old 07-15-2016, 04:28 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

No I get it. I'm aware of the history. Just because I'm now "named" as a mod of this section doesn't mean it's my first or ten thousandth time in here. I think the entire WORLD is aware of the history.

All I'm asking is in the future, let's all get along. The days of bickering and banter need to end.

Quick Reply: Lorenzen's Progress Thread