Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

I need new pads and rotors 07' V.

Old 08-19-2016, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

+1 for Hawk HPS pads and centric rotors. Used them as a daily, and took the car to the track. Was pleased with performance and had no complaints. You will have to wash your wheels more often though.
Old 08-19-2016, 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by crazy tarzan
anyone used ebc red/yellow stuff pads?
I loved the Reds on my suby. Haven't even priced them for the V.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:11 PM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Time for new rotors and pads up front. So I'm guessing that everyone who has gone with he AC/Delco stock replacement pads is getting good service out of them on the street?

Anybody have an opinion on these ebay rotors?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Fits-Cadilla...0piPZQ&vxp=mtr
Old 10-17-2016, 12:38 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idk about those, I got mine from http://www.adamsrotors.com/, awesome set and different options for a little extra. I don't have any issues at all with mine, they are very knowledgeable too, plan on getting another set from them when/if I do a 5 lug swap
Old 07-18-2017, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is anyone else running Akebono pads? I went to Advance Auto and just for shiggles asked what they had. They have those for $94 for the fronts.

Are they any good?

Or should I bite the bullet and get some Hawk pads?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by lollygagger8
Is anyone else running Akebono pads? I went to Advance Auto and just for shiggles asked what they had. They have those for $94 for the fronts.

Are they any good?

Amazon has 20% off ACDelco professional pads right now. I just picked up some rears for $30.

Link for rears ($38)
Amazon Amazon

here is a link for the fronts ($41)
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-18-2017, 01:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your not tracking the car it's hard to beat the z26 power stops. Also fwiw if you look up brakemotive on eBay all his rotors/pads are power stop products for the drilled and slotted stuff but the pads are usually the z16s
Old 07-18-2017, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by barrok69
Amazon has 20% off ACDelco professional pads right now. I just picked up some rears for $30.

Link for rears ($38)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-17D10...7N58R6RD442N93
Are these any good? The price is right, but they get 3 1/2 stars
Old 07-18-2017, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Are these any good? The price is right, but they get 3 1/2 stars
I've tracked mine with these and they were good. AIIIC has also and he mentioned he liked them in his post in this thread. They are good pads. This is one of those cases where I would ignore the amazon reviews since people ding stars for dust and other stupid reasons etc.

These pads will produce the same amount of dust as OEM and have similar if not the same bite as the OEM upon initial apply (post burnish). They are basically cheaper reformulated OEM pads without the fancy shims. They performed better than the Hawk HPS pads I tried.

For ~$63 a set after the discount applied in the amazon cart it's a steal.
Old 07-18-2017, 05:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

Just to clarify, I haven't run the ACDelco Professional Grade semi-metallics on the track, just on the street. However, I was very impressed and happy with their performance, to the point that I can't see any reason to spend 3-4x as much for "name brand" performance street pads from Hawk, Carbotech, EBC, etc.

I did recently swap out the ACDelcos for some Powerstop Z26s to try them out. The ACDelcos are definitely dusty, so I wanted to try something that wouldn't wouldn't turn the wheels grey quite so fast. Initial impressions of the Z26s are pretty favorable. Initial bite is good. I don't think they have as much braking power as the ACDelcos, though. With the ACDelcos, I could get into the brakes a little bit and have good initial bite; if I really laid into the brakes, the bite ramped up quite a bit. The Z26s don't seem to have that extra bite - good initial bite, but it kind of plateaus and laying into the pedal more doesn't seem to ramp up the stopping power the same way. Hopefully that description makes sense.

I'm sticking with the Z26s for now; they are less dusty, as I wanted, and the performance is still quite good. The ACDelcos are on the shelf and have plenty of meat on them, so they'll go back on the car eventually.
Old 07-19-2017, 03:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Link for rears ($38)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-17D10...7N58R6RD442N93

I am thinking about ordering these. What rotors would you package up with the pads on Amazon for the discount?
Old 07-19-2017, 06:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 88BlackZ-51
I am thinking about ordering these. What rotors would you package up with the pads on Amazon for the discount?
For Rotors....The amazon discount also applies to rotors too

Can't beat the OEM ones.

OEM Fronts
Amazon Amazon

OEM Rear
Amazon Amazon

They have the best corrosion resistance I've seen on a rotor in a long time. Mine are still shiny nickel color.

If you don't want to splurge on those you can get the ACDelco Professional ones which are powdercoated and high quality too. I buy them for pretty much every brake job I do these days.

Front
Amazon Amazon

Rear
Amazon Amazon
Old 07-19-2017, 06:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

For Rotors....The amazon discount also applies to rotors too

Can't beat the OEM ones.

OEM Fronts
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-177-0...ywords=1770965

OEM Rear
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-25750...words=25750257

They have the best corrosion resistance I've seen on a rotor in a long time. Mine are still shiny nickel color.

If you don't want to splurge on those you can get the ACDelco Professional ones which are powdercoated and high quality too. I buy them for pretty much every brake job I do these days.

Front
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-18A24...ywords=18A2428

Rear
https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-18A24...ywords=18A2427
Thanks for the links!!!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are they any good?

I'm running the akebono performance ceramics at all 4 corners and they are an excellent street pad, almost no dust and the best bite I've had out of a ceramic. I did a track day with them with heavy braking from 90mph every lap and they held up better than I could have imagined, though I did get a little fade my first 20 minute session before I smoothed things out. They can be found a lot cheaper online than from the store quote.
Old 07-19-2017, 08:56 AM
TECH Addict

Received 106 Likes on 88 Posts

If that Amazon deal is set up the same way it has been in the past, it'll only give you a discount on a single item ("Save 20% on 1 of 1 ACDelco brake parts..." is what it says when I hover over the promotional offer at the links above). When they did the discount last July, I ordered front and rear rotors - 4 items, 4 separate orders to get the discount on all 4.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

I'll be going with Centric rotors and HPS 5.0 pads at all 4 corners on my next brake job. I'm a fan of Hawk pads, great results on ALL my vehicles over the years.
Old 07-19-2017, 04:55 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont buy autozone junk, i went with the duralast rotors and duralast gold pads, thats what im using now at the moment but i dont track my car, just daily drive it. Anyways there dusty as hell and they squel like Its time for a pad change for some reason, but theres plenty of meat on there and not even close at all to the squelers, so im clueless. And i also did bed them in properly and sprayed some red sticky brake spray stuff on the medal on the back of the pad. People say because there the harder ceramic pads maybe that's why I'm getting the noise but I don't know.
But they do stop pretty good atleast

Last edited by Mike ctsV; 07-19-2017 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

The cheapest rotor you should consider, if you're on a budget, is a one-piece G3500 iron rotor. G3000 iron rotors don't last, do warp, and will take your pads with them. They're not a bargain in the long run. DRT offers up a set of G3500 iron rotors for $415 shipped, which is the cheapest I'd go on a car of this weight and horsepower level.

I'm not sure how the internet manages to generate the continuous train of people that recommend Hawk HPS and HP+ pads. They're bad, incredibly outdated pad formulations but they continue to sell because they're the first thing Google searches turn up. Hawk HPS pads brake like a piece of wood and melt if you put any heat in them. HP+ squeals like your local trash truck unless you apply
Permatex 24125 Permatex 24125
to the backing plate, has an excessively high and narrow temperature range for mixed street/track use, and creates this rock-hard, cement-like dust that ruins wheel finishes if you try to remove it.

The minimum pad I'd run on the V1 is the RacingBrake ET800. It has zero noise, moderate to low dust which is easy to clean off, and good temperature range for mixed street/track use. The closest performance comparison is the EBC Yellowstuff, which is a little cheaper but squeals like a bitch. For people that should be driving a Camry instead of the V1, I've heard good things about the ET500.

Last edited by FuzzyLog1c; 07-19-2017 at 09:39 PM.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:46 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Guys from Carbotech broke up, split off and another guy made G-LOC brake pad compounds.

I am searching for potential candidates for my V1 and everything Fuzzy Logic posted rings doubly true from my own experiences.

Ceramlub 2800 and Pastelub on brake parts. Won't do that disgusting **** the Permatex junk now does. Regular silicone-based lube will flash, run, and dry out probably on the first real hammering you get on brakes on a V1. I had purcahsed an early version or Permatex high-temp that was more molyb based than the ceramic based and the same crap happens, just earlier threseholds on the particular version of Permatex "high temp" brake lube I purchased and used in past years.

I used to sell Hawk pads like a **** and I won't use them ever. They made me good bits of money and I sold them cheaper than anyone could find on the internet but I do not like them for my own cars, from my own past experiences. (fuzzy mentioned them on the exact two compounds I have tried, If the base stuff won't work, I have little faith to invest money, time, and effort in a companies high temp compounds will work)

As for rotors, I have used some cheapy Raybestos in the past with good results and gone all the way to to EBD 3GD rotors (pricey but they worked really well). Stopping a much heavier car that produces more power than I am used to is proving to be quite a fun task!

Anything Autozone, Pep Boys, Advanced Auto Parts all junk.
Old 07-20-2017, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike ctsV
Dont buy autozone junk....
I tried the autozone crap because they were easy to get, cheap and had a warranty. The rear rotor hats cracked alarmingly bad just from using the ebrake....junk

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I need new pads and rotors 07' V.