Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Stainless Works CTSV Headers

Old 06-18-2004, 10:39 AM
Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stainless Works CTSV Headers

We have a CTSV scheduled to come into our shop in July to prototype a header set and exhaust systems. Being that we want to prototype what people want, and build jig while the car is here, we are planning the following:

1 3/4" full length long tube headers
3" high flow converters
Attempt to make a bolt in kit that will mate to the factory exhaust system (we won't know if we can do this until we get into the car and see where the stock system is flanged, etc.) From looking underneath the car quickly when we quoted the job it should be do-able.
2 1/2" or 3" exhaust-again, it depends on what we can fit under the car-with x pipe
Double wall exhaust tips

We also do CNC laser cutting in house-are there any underhood/dress up covers/pieces that guys would like to see us manufacture-we can laser cut stainless, aluminum, titanium, etc.

Any constructive feedback you can give us regarding the headers, exhaust systems, and dress up parts would be appreciated. The headers and exhaust will be tig welded, 304 s/s with cnc laser cut flanges, and our standard lifetime warranty. Pricing will depend on how difficult they are to build, but I am guestimating headers will be in the 1199-1399 range with high flow converters, and the exhaust will be in the 799-999 range.

Thanks
Al Noe
Stainless Works
Old 06-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Staging Lane

Count me in. My V needs headers bad.
Old 06-18-2004, 03:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Should be interesting to see what you come up with
Old 11-13-2005, 09:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by alnoe

1 3/4" full length long tube headers
3" high flow converters
Attempt to make a bolt in kit that will mate to the factory exhaust system (we won't know if we can do this until we get into the car and see where the stock system is flanged, etc.)

Thanks
Al Noe
Stainless Works
Al - It looks like it is over a year since this thread. Has anything moved forward ?? I had your headers on my GTO and was very impressed with the gains and ease of bolt-on.
Old 11-14-2005, 07:17 AM
Sponsor

Yes, The following parts are available for sale:

CTSV headers only-these will require cutting and fabbing the lead pipes to mate to the stock or aftermarket exhaust-these are bare headers, no converters or lead pipes: $899

CTSV exhaust system-3" from our headers all the way back. With high flow cats, and available with an x pipe or resonator. With the resonator there is no drone at all, the exhaust has a great deep, sound like a factory musclecar. $1199

CTSV exhaust system that goes to the factory manifolds. The same systems as above but this connects to the factory manifolds. $1199

Strope speed shop in Washington PA dyno'd the headers, high flow cats, and complete 3" exhaust system and picked up 53 RWHP and 47 Ft/# of torque at 5900 RPM with their tune.

If there is enough interest, we would be happy to do a group buy.

Thanks
Al
Old 11-14-2005, 07:53 AM
TECH Addict

im sorry, did you say 53RWHP? WOW, that a hell of a gain with a complete exhaust system.

What kind of tune is it? Is it a standard a/f tune or did they go in-depth with the TM and/or other parameters?

Im amazed really. I have seen other manufactures claim those kind of numbers and only get close to 25 rwhp, I would love to see a dyno graph....Gonna search for it..

As for the system. I would like to maintain the stock DB range of the V. I have heard headers on stock catbacks in camaro's and you cant reallt tell at all they had headers.
Old 11-15-2005, 03:56 PM
Sponsor

obzidian

email me at:

alstainlessworks@alltel.net

and I will send the dyno numbers to you in an excel file. I could also fax a copy of the dyno graph to you. Knowing Stropes, I am sure the tune was a double throw down, get every last bit out of it tune. They are in Washington PA and do really nice install and tuning work.

Thanks
Al
Old 11-17-2005, 02:13 PM
Teching In

I got a set of the long tube headers and had them JET-HOT coated. They are bad ***!

Joey!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

I'm looking forward to seeing you results Joey!!!
Old 11-20-2005, 06:20 PM
Teching In

The results are here...

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=55982
Old 12-23-2005, 02:43 AM
Teching In

Ok joey I cant log on to the other site, (no free email accounts) , so what kind of gains did you see with these headers?
How do they compare to Kooks?
thanks,
Russell

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stainless Works CTSV Headers