Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

auto headlight issue need any and all help!

Old 10-16-2016, 03:27 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto headlight issue need any and all help!

Have an issue that I cannot seem to figure out. With the headlight switch to "auto" the gauges and nav screen constantly switch between bright and dim. The headlights also turn on and off at the same time just as they would in light and dark conditions.

So, I replaced the ambient light sensor on the dash. Same issue...

Additionally when I turn the stalk to on the headlamps stay on constantly as they should but the display stays dim and the hvac control wont illuminate rendering the air and/or heat unusable.

Last but not least when this all started the exterior temp reading on the nav screen would give a reading and then go to --- degrees then pop up a reading and back to --- in and out constantly.

I know I can't be the only one who has had the issue but it makes the car annoying to even drive right now dash integration module, rear integration module, ecm? I am stumped and calling in a favor everyone. Thank you all in advance.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I was originally going to say replace the light switch and signal assembly, but the latter issues are screaming ground gremlins or low voltage.
Old 10-16-2016, 05:28 PM
Teching In

Grounds had ran through my head yesterday. When I get home in the morning i'm going to check the battery with the meter and check out the ground points I can find. Last fall I needed a battery the same day and the only one available was the Everstart Maxx.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:44 PM
Teching In

Just an update for everyone in case someone gets a similar issue in the future. Brought the car to my buddy's shop and had him put the Snap-on tech scanner on it. While the headlights were turning on and off it threw a U1153 code. The code by definition is a failure to communicate with the climate control panel. Looking into some of the trouble shooting on the tech scanner, we learned it is most likely a bad dash integration module because it will give the class II communication issues like my car has been doing. I'm going to call the local stealerships in my area tomorrow and see if any of them are comparable to the price for a new DIM on gmparts or amazon. I will keep everyone posted as to the results.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why does there have to be so many F'n 'MODULES' for this car?
Old 10-26-2016, 06:10 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by MN_V
Why does there have to be so many F'n 'MODULES' for this car?
I have asked myself that very question these past few weeks. It is a love/hate relationship with computer systems.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: auto headlight issue need any and all help!