Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTSV market value.

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 09:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTSV market value.

This is to discuss the current market value of our V1s. As of this posting it seems to be hard to find any cars selling for $20k+ anymore. Are we at the bottom? I have made the decision to keep my '07 V and restore it as it wears, then pass it down eventually. I can't sell a car like this for the peanuts they are going for now. It saddens me a bit that a car like this can't hold its value better. Hopefully once these cars get harder to find the value will creep up like some other special edition cars do.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not sure if they have hit bottom or not but less and less cars these days are being built without a manual trans. I like a clutch but thats me.......

These arent holding value as well as a E39 M5 but they are doing well. I know that I can sell mine for the same price that I bought it for 2 years ago. Hard to beat!
Old 11-07-2016, 10:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ones that are clean and not plasti-dipped will maintain the value in the mid-teens. A lot of them have fallen victim of cheap owners and they will be undesirable and have created that $10-12k price range. Like you, I'm keeping my '06 with 136k miles cause I'm sure I couldn't get more than $14k for it, and nothing else compares to it at that price.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The high mileage kicks is down a good bit but honestly, how much can you expect a 10 year old car to sell for? And as previously mentioned the majority of them are not kept up with. I have put thousands in to mine after I bought it due to the previous owner.

The 09+ will hold there value better just because of what they are. The manual trans is why I bought the v and not a g8gt but unless your serious about your cars it's hard to row and sip your Starbucks for the average joe. Limited market appeal.

Having said all that though. No payments keep me loving the v1 even more. I would paint it and drop in a 408 before I will buy new.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:30 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if someone at a gas station offered me $15k i'd walk away laughing with a paycheck in my hand.

i'd expect to get $12k for mine with 114k miles and a fair amount of one off work done to it (most of which normal people won't even notice).
Old 11-07-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Stole mine for 15.5k in 2012. Have since but another 46k miles on it and maybe $2k into it and have all the wear items replaced, car is solid. Assuming a sale of $13k that's a killer value for over 4 years of ownership.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

EDIT: point of reference, I bought my 07 black/black V1 for $13.5K with right at 100K and no major issues. Typical 10 year car stuff but the front fascia had been repainted recently and showed real well. I just can't leave stuff alone.

I'm seeing a lot of V2s around $30K and some going less. Those are the darling because of the supercharger...even grandma wants BOOOOOST. And some of those were spendy with Recaros, other options. To a lot of people, they are still the "current" model and with the 2016 goin for almost $100K, I think the V2 may very well be the "current model" for a lot of people for a long time. They'll settle in at $20K-$25K within a couple of years, I think. Unless they become the car the current young-ish V owner holds onto because Cadillac is pushing everyone to the ATS-V with the high price of the new CTS-V.

What is to happen in this segment anyway? V3 $100K and the new Vette is supposed to be like $150K or so? It's not like I couldn't save my pennies and maybe afford a low-mile used example at some point, but GEEZ bang for buck gets real hard to identify even with a microscope.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Game was taken to a higher level - not just a powerful nice sedan with decent suspension but now an outright luxury car that is fully track capable with exotic levels of horsepower. A better comparison would be a V-sport which you can get a 2 year old used model for $35k and have a car that is better than a V1 in every way basically, other than no manual.
Old 11-07-2016, 12:16 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by MN_V
Game was taken to a higher level - not just a powerful nice sedan with decent suspension but now an outright luxury car that is fully track capable with exotic levels of horsepower. A better comparison would be a V-sport which you can get a 2 year old used model for $35k and have a car that is better than a V1 in every way basically, other than no manual.
Better than a stock V1, I can buy that. But no man pedal. Not for me. Then again, lots of guys these days wearing big beards that have no idea what a hammer or a spark plug actually is...and there's the market.

Oh..and...left out one tiny thing...NO V8! I'd take an auto before I give up the V8.
Old 11-07-2016, 02:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Mines an 05 with 50k on it. Black TD wheels, fat tires out back, Billy Boat cat back, high flows on the stock manifolds a drop in filter and HPTuners. Few bushings but no serious and more importantly no cheap hacky mods and no plasti dip. I'd like to think I could still get $18k for it throwing in the stock wheels and snow tires but I just don't know if the market is there. And if I later changed my mind, I'd have a heck of a time finding one as untouched and well cared for as this. So it sits in my garage all alone and sad.
Old 11-07-2016, 03:48 PM
Teching In

Default Data Point

For what it's worth, I just bought a 06 with 33k miles for $20k. I thought it was a good deal. Nice, lower mileage cars are hard to find in good condition.
Old 11-07-2016, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by CTSD
For what it's worth, I just bought a 06 with 33k miles for $20k. I thought it was a good deal. Nice, lower mileage cars are hard to find in good condition.
Pics! Been a long time(like since last decade) I've seen one that fresh.
Old 11-07-2016, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Mercier
I'd take an auto before I give up the V8.
Same here. I don't think anything beats the sound of a V8.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by CTSD
I think I'm in line then. There's not much to compare to anymore.
Old 11-08-2016, 06:37 AM
TECH Addict

All of this makes me sad lol I bought my 04 in late 06 as kind of my 21st birthday present to myself. I paid 29k back then. Now I've seen 04's go for 9k haha but I've got a lot of awesome memories in my car, hard to put a price tag on that.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

i have what i would consider a well maintained no accident car with tasteful mods that can be reversed so easy plus i kept all the stock **** in boxes down to the dual mass flywheel. at 150k on the clock i would probably wave bye bye to it for 12-13k. and i dont think that is bad for market value.

i have been considering selling the V and my daily acura mdx and looking at going single car v2 and saving for a shitbox beater. need more powa, but damn i love the more raw feel of the v1 vs the v2s i have driven.
Old 11-08-2016, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

My '04 is up for sale currently, 55K miles and asking $17,500.

I've had some offers, but well below what I think it's worth. Trade in offer from dealer was significantly lower than I expected.

I'll post back here when it sells with all of the offers I've had and final selling price.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:11 AM
TECH Junkie

I'm in a bit of a conundrum over mine because of this.

I bought mine in 2011 with 90k for 19k. I probably overpaid as the car wasn't very "fresh," but there were few Vs on the market at the time and I was impatient.
As most V owners discover, this car needed a lot of expensive fixes. Over the years, I've probably got close to $30k in it and even so, has turned into a daily beater. It cleans up well, but other life events have taken financial priority and it needs a couple grand in parts to bring it up to standards. It's my own fault for not staying on top of things, but this car will "$200 you to death." Nothing is really beyond repair, so I've just dubbed it the POS-V. It runs and drives dependably.

Given its current condition at 160k, I wouldn't want to sell it privately and I wouldn't get much at all on a dealer trade as it is clearly a wholesale car. I'd be lucky to get $8k for it, I feel. On top of that, I'd be taking on another payment. I paid the V off in early 2013--I only financed 12k of it.

I need a truck for personal and upcoming work use, but fullsize truck prices have been pretty discouraging. I'm considering just getting an S10 to daily and slowly getting the V back in shape to enjoy. It would be much easier to work on if I didn't need it to get to work every weekday.

So, I can't decide whether to get an S10, keep the V and sink another $3k I'll never get out of it and enjoy it (sometimes), or do I consolidate, trade it in for a decent truck and take the hit? I feel like I would regret the trade.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:27 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the V1 is a freaking awesome daily driver and getting rid of mine would just leave me with another payment and a car that i probably wouldn't enjoy as much everyday.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

It's a car. It's not very rare therefor prices will fall. And continue to fall. This isn't news. There are always immaculate low mile exception just as there are perfectly built cars with attention to detail and well kept.

To assume a modern car will "level off" is silly. Unless your simply considering the value of its parts. The V2's have yet to see the 10 year mark, where as V1's are already 12-9 years old and ranging from 10-20k. In 2019 you will see the same thing with V2's. High miles, low cost. I have already seen several V2's sell for 25k.

The V1 is less of a car and its out dated but who cares? Other than the newest V's which are freaking expensive I like the looks of my V1 a bunch. And I'm not yet old enough to desire an auto. But I am growing tired of the time slip difference between auto cars and manuals.

Quick Reply: CTSV market value.