Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

What tires are you running for a daily V1?

Old 01-18-2017, 03:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Michelin Super Sports are "the" tire hands down!!!
Old 01-18-2017, 09:19 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 103 Likes on 83 Posts

I've run the RE003 on my previous car, 17" tire size.

They were fantastic tires. They have a newer version here in Dubai, but I'm unsure if they are available in the states yet.

I'd not hesitate to get a set when the time comes.

-Byron
Old 01-18-2017, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Pilot super sports, well worth the money. Stick like crazy when they need to but still let me swing the back end out if I want to play a little bit. Even with all the rain we've been having the past few weeks they've been fantastic, can still push the thing with total confidence.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:37 AM
Teching In

Well, my time table got moved forward. Here's my front passenger from a day and a half ago:

And here's my spare this morning:

I found out the continental DW has been discontinued. Apparently I'm getting the last two 245/45R18 tires in the state, and they ordered two more from Colorado.
Old 01-19-2017, 11:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

****, I better get to ordering my rear tires ASAP.
Old 01-19-2017, 12:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Good - must mean the new version of the DW is coming out soon. the DWS06 is a good improvement over the older DWS.
Old 01-19-2017, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, pay careful attention on the dates for discontinued tires. Sometimes the warehouses ship tires that were manufactured years and years ago. (I received / rejected a set of Goodyear's a while back which were made 10 years before I got them).
Old 01-19-2017, 01:35 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by rjoffe
Guys, pay careful attention on the dates for discontinued tires. Sometimes the warehouses ship tires that were manufactured years and years ago. (I received / rejected a set of Goodyear's a while back which were made 10 years before I got them).
Corporate tire shops like Discount Tire or Goodyear won't install tires that are out of date. Had this happen to me before when ordering a discontinued model.

Good news, though. A new ExtremeContact model is replacing the DW, but not until February. Fortunately, my local discount tire was able to snag a pair of the original DW for my rears at a clearance price. First they told me that they couldn't get them because they were discontinued, but then I found them on TireRack while I was waiting and he checked another distributor and was able to order them. We'll see if they're within date spec tomorrow when they arrive.

The new-new:
http://www.hotrod.com/articles/track...t-summer-tire/

Cliffnotes: Improvement in design to the DW, targeting the Michelin Pilot Sports as a benchmark and planning to undercut them in price--the same ideals as the former model, just improved.
Like its predecessor, the ExtremeContact DW, the Extreme Contact Sport utilizes an aggressive outer shoulder, while chamfered edges help the tire maintain surface contact during extreme braking and cornering. Continental says they were able to increase the sidewall stiffness of the ExtremeContact Sport by 86 percent versus the DW while only increasing ride stiffness by 8 percent.

Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with Continental--I just liked the DW that much.

Last edited by BudRacing; 01-19-2017 at 01:43 PM.
Old 01-19-2017, 08:16 PM
Teching In

It's too bad I couldn't have waited until the new tires came out. They sound decent.

I got my two mounted and balanced wheels this afternoon. Mounted on the stock wheels, they're almost 11.5# lighter at each corner. That can't be a bad thing.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Did you have runflats (RSS) before?
Old 01-20-2017, 10:59 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Did you have runflats (RSS) before?
No, some cheap tires on chrome 20" wheels the previous owner put on there.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What tires are you running for a daily V1?