Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Getting this right

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 11:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BudRacing
Considering you have to pull the trans to replace it if it were to fail for whatever reason, that $50 is well worth it to most. If you have a fully equipped shop with lift and trans jack and your free time is abundant, then that $50 may not be as worthy of the premium. I guess the real question is, how many shop hours is that $50 worth?
Yea I just bought the GM OEM for 175, I rather have some security by going OEM, i just hope it gets here sooner by the ETA of next Monday. This hiccup just made everything so frustrating at this point
Old 03-14-2017, 12:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

So let me know if I am in the wrong here, still talking to Eli and seeing what my options are since Monster wont help, he tells me that there isnt anything Tick can do and that is why they suggest verifying the parts in the package. But how can I verify the parts i received when in the option drop down menu it says CTS-V Specific Slave and in the product description "Choose the premium package to include a new GM (AP) Slave Cylinder, which we suggest replacing during every clutch install. If you do not see a slave cylinder listed for your vehicle in our options menu, the kit is available in Basic Package only for that vehicle. CTS-V applications requires the CTS-V specific slave and please specify that you've got a CTS-V during checkout. Other manufacturer's spacers will not work with Monster Clutches" But yet Tick and Monster says I need a C6 Slave, excluding ZR1. So I asked how could i have verified that my slave was correct, when it was suppose to be a C6 Slave, but what I got was similar in height to my OE slave? Now I am just venting some frustration, I dont expect any refund or anything, but maybe make it more clearer for the next person

Link to the kit
http://www.tickperformance.com/monst...-capacity-700/
Old 03-14-2017, 12:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It didn't specify the year of CTS-V in there. Are the V2 slaves any different?
Old 03-14-2017, 12:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

It didn't specify the year of CTS-V in there. Are the V2 slaves any different?
That I do not know, though I selected my vehicle for 2004-2007 CTS-V but when you look at the V2 section, it is the same part numbers. I am still awaiting a reply from Tick
Old 03-14-2017, 03:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The V2 slaves are also short like V1, but they don't have a bleed port, so that's a dead giveaway.
Old 03-14-2017, 06:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Well since I'm in limbo at the moment, I clean up the engine compartment by zip tieing wires up and installed my dash cam How it is mounted
Pretty discrete
Hooks up straight to ny HU, loop recording, 1080p with audio.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, now that's something I wouldn't mind having. Would be great for accidents and such.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, now that's something I wouldn't mind having. Would be great for accidents and such.
Here is the link
http://www.ebay.com/itm/301994469432...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I like it, of course havnt been able to test it out yet. Had to go buy a 32gb tf sd card though, so I would go ahead and order both if you do get one. Fits perfectly around the plastic trim behind the rear view mirror
Old 03-15-2017, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Wow, $25?? Sounds too good to be true. However, I wouldn't have the luxury of plugging it into my factory HU. Being able to remove the card would allow for viewing though. I wonder what my insurance company would think of this... or what discount could be offered.
Old 03-15-2017, 12:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Wow, $25?? Sounds too good to be true. However, I wouldn't have the luxury of plugging it into my factory HU. Being able to remove the card would allow for viewing though. I wonder what my insurance company would think of this... or what discount could be offered.
Yea everything goes to the card so all you have to do is put it on another source, and good question about the insurance company. I can call geico and ask
Old 03-15-2017, 12:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Just emailed my State Farm agent, haha.

Edit: State Farm doesn't offer this discount, but said it could help dispute a claim--which I already knew. I know they offer dash cam discounts in the UK--and probably Russia with all the fraud around. Maybe the US will catch up some day, although it's probably a good problem not to have.

Last edited by BudRacing; 03-15-2017 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-15-2017, 02:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just emailed my State Farm agent, haha.

Edit: State Farm doesn't offer this discount, but said it could help dispute a claim--which I already knew. I know they offer dash cam discounts in the UK--and probably Russia with all the fraud around. Maybe the US will catch up some day, although it's probably a good problem not to have.
Yea Geico pretty much said the same thing.

On other news, got something figured out with Tick and Monster, both companies were helpful, more on the Tick side with Eli. Short story: Monster sent me the wrong slave to begin with, but since I was over their 60 day return policy they said they couldn't help. I worked with Eli about some confusion with the order process of the Monster LT1-S kit, because the Specific Slave Cylinder is just a C6 Slave, but as a customer you have no means to verify that. Then the argument was brought up that I should have measured everything and used a spacer or shims provided by Tick's thread. The Shim cannot be used for CTS-Vs and the spacers dont work for monster clutches, so I was kind of screwed to begin with and couldn't utilize any of it. Eli at Tick was great help and with patience was able to get be at least get me a decent deal on the right slave and have it in this weekend . So personally, i have trust issues with Monster, but I will still stick with Tick in the future. Accidents happen and both parties were wrong

So for any other V owner who plans on going with Monster clutches, make sure you get a taller Slave that is a C6 Slave, as to shim it, your guess is as good as mine, because Monster's site says there are no shimming required and any shims out there that I have seen so far says they dont work for CTS-Vs. If you were to go with other clutches i would assume you could use the Katech slave spacer

Last edited by Anthony Toal; 03-15-2017 at 02:55 PM.
Old 03-18-2017, 01:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

SO I got the engine all together and the transmission and headers on. Cranked her over where she fired on a few cylinders, scared the **** out of me, forgot I was open headers. So far everything turned over fine. My oil gauge on the other hand went from 0 psi to 30 psi after the engine stumbled to 1k rpms, and now it is just staying there, which I dont think should be happening. Checked valve covers and they are just damp from what I filled prior to. The good news is that the oil pressure does increase as she bumbles on running so I think it is working. Ill be putting int he driveshaft and the rest of the exhaust and will check it again and see if it dropped any
Old 03-18-2017, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 111 Likes on 87 Posts

30psi idle is OK, no worries.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

30 psi cold? That's going to drop down to 18-20 warm if so
Old 03-19-2017, 07:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah, it should be low-mid 40s on startup.
Old 03-19-2017, 10:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

My issue is when the car isnt running it is showing 30 psi, and I dont remember whether is should hold pressure, which I dont believe it does
Old 03-19-2017, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Anthony Toal
My issue is when the car isnt running it is showing 30 psi, and I dont remember whether is should hold pressure, which I dont believe it does
No it should not. Check your grounds
Old 03-19-2017, 12:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by vroom_vroom
No it should not. Check your grounds
I think my grounds are ok, I checked the two behind the Passenger and driver side heads. It read 0 psi before I rolled the engine over, turn key, everything goes dark, engine rolls over and fires up to 1k for a few seconds and dies, how I expected it to happen. I got the exclamation for the oil, as I should have and then it was staying around 30 psi, eveytime I go to crank it, it will move up. With it sitting over night, it is hanging around 22psi with the engine off, I will try and disconnect the sensor and remove it and see if there is maybe pressure there or if it just needs to burb. This is a fresh engine so I know the oil needs the fill all the oil passages.
Old 03-23-2017, 08:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

So i think i just made a major rookie mistake and forgot the damn barbell... FML! car fired up, sounded good but only 7 psi, no fresh oil in the valve covers. I see the front galley plug is installed and didnt even bother to look into seeing if the barbell was. Goin to rip into everything again i guess, hopefuuly I can get that back cover off without removing the engine.

Another issue, I have tried the duralast coolant temp sensor, which just didnt work and delphi temp sensor that just reads -36 degrees. Is there a specific coolant sensor?

Quick Reply: Getting this right