Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

CTS-V vs modded Taurus SHO

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2004, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTS-V vs modded Taurus SHO

First off, just let me say WOW, those Caddy's are very sweet! Love the look off that front end, and those brakes are amazing!

Anyway, I met up with a friend of mine who had recently purchased an 04 V. He was returning from a trip around the country (literally, starting in Mass, going to Wash, Cali, where he pulled on his friends M5!, Grand Canyon and back towards me). We met for some burgers at a local joint, and I took him for a ride in the SHO (he was a SHO owner previously). Well, as I am seeing him on his way, we decide to see how the two compare. Now, let me set this up first, so as not to set off any alarms. He had two passengers, I had one. He had lots of luggage, I had none. He was stock 400hp, I am far from stock, and making a lot of power (custom IC'd turbo system).

First race in low boost (8psi), I am in third gear (assume he is as well) @ 55mph. We held even for about a second, then the SHO starts walking. As the boost reaches full potential I am pulling away decently. Grab 4th and I have about a car on the V. Once in 4th the pull continues up until we have to slow for upcoming traffic. All in all, from 55-110 I may have grabbed about two cars. V held it's own quite well.

Next race I decide to give her full boost, and we start in 2nd gear. This one was a little more lopsided. Going from about 40 we go on three honks again. Again, his instant power holds him even for a bit, but as soon as the turbo is fully boiling I start walking, and hard. SHO is up a car when I grab third. Third is pulling nicely and it looks like I get another 2 cars in 3rd. Grab fourth and just put some nails in the coffin with another 2 cars. Final tally, from 40-120 about 5 cars, but again, stock V (with extra weight) vs heavily modified turbo SHO. And trust me, I would trade the SHO and my left nut in a second for the Caddy. Very sweet ride.

Quick Reply: CTS-V vs modded Taurus SHO