Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Bentley GT KILL

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 08:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default Bentley GT KILL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------This is the same post I put on another site....Jamie

Afternoon boys and girls,...hope all is well.

I just thought you all may be interested in my first kill behind the wheel of a CTS-V.

Here I am, in a 2005 Black Raven, supercharged(maggie), B&B long tubes freshly de-cated, corsa exhaust, tune, lingenfelter CAI, eibach springs, CCW's, and a fresh Katech billet shifter that I had just installed. The car happens to be my friend Marco's, who came in for the shifter, and a check engine light at WOT(wide open throttle) after 4500rpm. ENded up being a loose intake pipe, no big deal. Fixed the problem, cleared the code, installed the shifter......

.......which brings me to the road test. Now Marco, told me the day before to ..."drive the car hard!!...just do whatever it takes to make sure it's ok, I trust you bro." So, ofcourse like a good friend, I do just that .
.....so I leave the dealer, go down the road about a block, make a right hand turn,...and BAM, I see a baby blue Bentley Continental GT makeing a U turn right in front of me,...so I follow.

He makes a right, I made a right, and I go to pass him, maggie screaming in second gear.....he was on the phone when I passed him. I slowed down, the gentleman pulled up alongside me, no longer on the phone, and smileing from ear to ear.

I rolled the window down as we rolled to a stop light and traffic,...he asked me right away if it was supercharged, ofcourse I told him the mods, and dyno numbers,....he seemed impressed, and asked me if I knew about his car,...the first thing that came out of my mouth was "hell yeah, thats a bad B*tch!" He's like " yup, 0-60 in 4.2 seconds, 500 something ft-lbs, 500 something HP, 5200lbs, twin turbo V-12, and 210mph top speed."

I'm not 100% sure about his top speed but, everything else seemed right....then he says, as traffic is now gone in front of us, since the light had been green for 20 seconds....he says,.." lets see how they do against eachother....

I was like .."lets do it" . Bentley dude says " as soon as we get to the WHITE LINE at the LIGHT, GO,...ok, white line, go!"

No problem....so, from a 15mph roll, traffic is non-existent for about 100 yards,.....we get to the white line, and it was a perfect start, we both punched it at exactly the same time,...the supercharged V instantly pulled about 8 inches roughly in front of the Bentley, I banged second gear(not a powershift but I only lifted off about 20%) and then I pulled about another foot on the car, now looking at the fender and the grill of the GT,...then I banged third gear, and pulled another foot on the car,....at that time I was doing roughly 90ish MPH, and it was time to slow down,....

You'll all be happy to know the Bentley never gained ANY ground on the supercharged V. Granted, I was shifteing quick but, still, it was a perfect race. The gentleman in the GT gave me a thumbs up, and honked the horn.....cool dude, good sport.

At this time, my legs were shakeing, and I was more then thrilled to take out the Bentley, especially since it was my first real race behind the wheel of the V.

I was soo excited, I called Marco, the owner of the car, and told him what happened....he said and I quote...." NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! HELL YEAH!!!!"

Gotta give that man credit for allowing me to do this in his car....one cool dude.

We may go to the track this week, if it ever stops raining, and see what it can do in the quarter. He's probably gonna drive, and i'll take a spin down the track.

You should all know wheel hop really wasn't an issue.....I mean I feathered the clutch in first gear for a split second but, the car didn't spin more then a foot(CCW's with pirelli P-zero 285/35/19's), hit second and wheel hopped for maybe a foot, two bounces, I never lifted, spun for maybe three to five feet, hit third, hopped once, spun about a foot. I did not powershift(flatshift).

Anyways, awesome kill, and what a rush!!! Have fun guys, see you around.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:35 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

Sweet race!

I remember riding 'gun when my buddy in his 96 Vortech'd 'camaro raced and beat a Lamborghini Countach.
Old 06-07-2005, 04:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw this over at the other forum. Nice kill
Old 06-07-2005, 06:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Pro Stock John
Sweet race!

I remember riding 'gun when my buddy in his 96 Vortech'd 'camaro raced and beat a Lamborghini Countach.

Thanks fella's.....

John, seem's like you got a pretty crazy ride yourself...no doubt you have plenty of kill stories as well.

See you boys around...

Hey parker,...i've got a couple of LT1 blocks...and LT4 heads.. Incase you ever need a spare block(for your turbo ride)

Peace

Jamie

Quick Reply: Bentley GT KILL