Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Have Reduced engine power!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Bad Trader Warning!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Have Reduced engine power!!!

Check engine light came on and the code is P0101
Discrepancy between the "Actual" Mass air flow input and the "calculated" mass air flow input derived from the input gathered from other sensors ie: throttle position sensor, barometric pressure sensor ECT.

How do I fix this?
Now to tell you how I did it. I was washing engine off and dropped the wand which sprayed water on air filter. I know it was stupid. Car is not under waranty so can I fix it myself?
I took it apart and it's dry but still screwed up.
Old 02-05-2007, 02:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you dry the MAF sensor if not may need to be cleaned or dried, if the filter got soaked it could of put a nice misting on it.... but other than that i dont know
Old 02-05-2007, 02:03 PM
Bad Trader Warning!

Yep made sure it was dry. Still no change! Feels like a 6 Cyl!
Old 02-05-2007, 02:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nothing else comes to mind???????????????????????????
Old 02-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

Davin,

This is Scott, in HV. You will likely need to clear the code to get it to reset. I had this happen when I first started my speed density tune. I'm home tonite but off to Atlanta early tomorrow. Call me tonite and I'll help you reset it.

Scott
Old 02-05-2007, 06:38 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your intake tube for leaks also, you may have knocked it loose
Old 02-05-2007, 06:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by stkshkr
Check your intake tube for leaks also, you may have knocked it loose
I knocked the intake tube loose at the throttle body and it threw the same code. Good luck!
Old 02-05-2007, 09:57 PM
Bad Trader Warning!

Did not see your post in time Scott.
Well I replaced the Maf and it did not work. But now I see what Scott said so let me ask this. I replaced the Maf and started it up. Car still ran very bad. So I took it off and put the stock MAF back on and got the parts store to give me my money back. So here is my question! Did I need to reset the code after I replaced it to make the car run correct? Or would it been fixed with just running for about five minutes? All the tubes are tight. Throttle sensor looks easy to replace should I try that?
Old 02-06-2007, 10:23 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TXSilverV
Did not see your post in time Scott.
Well I replaced the Maf and it did not work. But now I see what Scott said so let me ask this. I replaced the Maf and started it up. Car still ran very bad. So I took it off and put the stock MAF back on and got the parts store to give me my money back. So here is my question! Did I need to reset the code after I replaced it to make the car run correct? Or would it been fixed with just running for about five minutes? All the tubes are tight. Throttle sensor looks easy to replace should I try that?
Davin - In Atlanta waiting for my presentation to start.

If I remember correctly you need to clear the code then shut down and restart. You should then be out of reduced power mode, at least until the next code is thrown. The auto parts store should be able to clear the codes for you if they haven't already.
Old 02-06-2007, 11:45 AM
Staging Lane

Davin - Have you tried this: http://www.cadillacfaq.com/faq/answers/tbreset.html
Old 02-06-2007, 07:52 PM
Teching In

Yep made sure it was dry. Still no change! Feels like a 6 Cyl!
Yah it looked like a 6cyl when we raced man that sucks D call Pat up see what he says. let me know if U need his #'s
Old 02-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Launching!

Are you running lean?, pinging at all? -
Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Does your car still say reduced power mode or does it just run poorly?

If the MAF fails, the car should run off the VE tables. If they are tuned properly you should barely notice a difference. If they are off significantly the car would run very poorly.

Reduced power mode hobbles the engine. If it is still present you probably won't be able to achieve highway speeds.

Check the stock MAF and make sure none of the wires are broken or touching the screen. If it looks good, I would try clearing the code with the stock MAF installed and connected.
Old 02-07-2007, 08:11 AM
Bad Trader Warning!

Well guys I have bad news on my engine. We messed around all day on this thing we even put new plugs and wires. Checked all the blaster coils and nothing. Then we check the heat from the headers. One of them was not getting hot so we ran a compression test. No compression in cly #4! We pulled the valve cover off and I have a broken spring. The push rod was not bent so I guess I'm lucky. We got a new spring to put in the car and they were having a hard time getting the broken one out. It took two hours to get the spring out. So at 9:30 last night I left them still working on the car. They stayed late just to work on my car! Not sure how long they stayed after I left. They told me so far it looked as if the moon gods were on my side as nothing else looks to be damaged. I guess we will know just how lucky I am after they put it all together and fire it up. I was told the spring broke because of a over rev. Now this would not be me that did that. I did get an alignment done last week when I changed the shocks out. Not to blame them, but this all started the day after this was done. I will post later today the final outcome of all of this.

Last edited by TXSilverV; 02-07-2007 at 08:13 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 02-07-2007, 05:15 PM
TECH Addict

I told you it was the valvetrain on that side!
Old 02-07-2007, 06:24 PM
Bad Trader Warning!

Well put new spring in and still no compression! Now what? They are doing some kind of flow down test I think they said tonight. Should I just rebuild this thing? 383 stroker?? or what?
Old 02-07-2007, 06:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that sucks txsilver, but at least it gives you an excuse to go bigger
Old 02-07-2007, 07:03 PM
Staging Lane

Get 'em to break down and pull the head, you're gonna have to eventually, might as well get it over with.

You're killin' yourself.... us too.....

Dave
Old 02-07-2007, 08:19 PM
10 Second Club

Well put new spring in and still no compression! Now what? They are doing some kind of flow down test I think they said tonight. Should I just rebuild this thing? 383 stroker?? or what?

You hurt a valve. Pull the head, I gues it's exhaust if one is bent. That would explain your lack of comp.
Old 02-08-2007, 10:16 AM
On The Tree

You've got a bent valve. Pull the head. Now would be a good time for the new L92's reworked .

Shane

Quick Reply: Have Reduced engine power!!!