Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Round 2 of Mods

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2016, 02:14 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Round 2 of Mods

Well, the 2012 Sedan A6 started off with a D3 intake, Mamo ported LSA throttle body and a Corsa Sport axle-back.

On the table waiting to be installed:

Lingenfelter 2.55 pulley / hub
160* thermostat
72# (750-780cc ?) FIC Injectors
Solid Isolator Coupling
Tune to be done by Geoff Skinner @ EPS

Any guesses where I'll be on a DynoJet? SAE of course...
Old 05-20-2016, 10:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

535-550
Old 05-21-2016, 09:29 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Does anyone know of anyone that's still selling the angle milled ZL1 lids? I know price went up and they were out of stock for a while. Seems a more viable solution than a spacer being as the brick is better along with the ability to run bigger lines.

Upcoming cooling mods are going to be a NORCAL tank, LPE Varimax pump, and I'm undecided on the HX. Thinking double low from WeaponX or the LPE. I know the LPE costs a little more but I really like the fans and all that are included.

Thoughts?
Old 05-23-2016, 04:07 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Well, everything is home. FIC 72's came in today. Hoping to possibly get it all installed when I get off the rig next week and head over to Geoff's for the tune.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:04 AM
Staging Lane

Get the IC brick reinforcement mod done before you install the lid, you will be glad you did later down the road.
Old 05-24-2016, 06:11 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dr_whigham
Does anyone know of anyone that's still selling the angle milled ZL1 lids? I know price went up and they were out of stock for a while. Seems a more viable solution than a spacer being as the brick is better along with the ability to run bigger lines.

Upcoming cooling mods are going to be a NORCAL tank, LPE Varimax pump, and I'm undecided on the HX. Thinking double low from WeaponX or the LPE. I know the LPE costs a little more but I really like the fans and all that are included.

Thoughts?
I haven't kept up with the ZL1 lids since I got mine. Didn't know they were hard to find. I wouldn't really sweat it at the moment as the stock lid has been proven to go high 9s with similar cooling to the zl1 lid. Vadder performance just released his new lid as well, its pricey but the IC brick is a dual pass and huge. May look into it.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:20 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Noted. Off to search for the Vadder lid

**edit**

Holy ****. Dual pass heat exchanger, and tested in one of the hottest places on earth at that. having spent some time in Dubai, as well as Iraq, I can FULLY attest to just how BRUTALLY hot is there. I mean BRUTAL.

Definitely going to hit that man up. So that kit, with the ZL1 lid, a Varimax, and a NORCAL tank and I should be good to go?

Is the NORCAL tank even WARRANTED if you aren't going to the track? My wife just likes to hurt feelings when someone messes with her on the road. Actually, it kinda makes me wonder if I even need this dual pass HX....

Last edited by dr_whigham; 05-24-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 05-24-2016, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

I was actually talking about the new Vadder SC lid. He just released pictures the other day on facebook. It was like $1200 or so... Look at MontMotorsports.com for a BMR ice tank. It is the same as the Norcal but a lot cheaper. May also looking into doing some insulating on the ice tank because it tends to pick up a lot if heat from the engine bay. Some of the 1/4" foam insulation would work. You want the tank for more volume, being able to added ice is just a bonus.
Old 06-26-2016, 06:32 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Looks like for a HX I'll be doing the Lingenfelter along with a NorCal tank (unless there's better out there) bc of the fans and relays. It's a 99% street car and i DEFINITELY want those 11" Spal fans for when in traffic.

I've seen the other Expansion tanks and I'm torn. Looks like the BMR needs a tool for the lid, or the handle is another $25 option, but I am NOT a fan of the plastic bungs.

I know there's a guy somewhere that offers the ZL1 Lid angle milling along with a 3/4" bung option installed... Forgot his user-name

Quick Reply: Round 2 of Mods