Cadillac CTS-V 2009-2015 (Gen 2) Welcome to a whole other level of overkill

Thinking About Trading My C6 ZO6 For A V

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2016, 04:08 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking About Trading My C6 ZO6 For A V

Hey all!

So just like the title says, i found a CTS-V for what seems like a decent price.
I currently have a 2007 C6 ZO6. I am just curious if any of you can give any insight on how the car is to drive everyday like gas mileage, road noise, exhaust drone Etc. My wife and I have a 14 week old baby girl. Does it work well with toting around the stroller, car seat, diaper bag Etc? Thanks for all your time and help. I appreciate all the answers.
Old 08-09-2016, 10:22 AM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

My perspective (currently own both)

The CTS-V is MUCH more comfortable, and VERY quiet. The amount of insulation / sound deadener they used is amazing. The V doesn't get as great of gas mileage, but it's doable. The trunk is HUGE so you'll fit the stroller and all no problem.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

my cousin got one in feb of this year and he daily drives it in syracuse ny. He has a winter wheel and tire setup and the car is lowered and he was happy with it in the snow . Hes got two kids 7 and 4 and a wife and it fits all the stuff. Its a little smaller than his previous g8gt but the power makes up for that .

Also he is in love with the recaro seats .

The only issue i see is a large rear facing car seat . We have a graco and i know for a fact that wont fit rear facing for my 3 yr old and me driving the cts v . Just not enough room .

So either turn the child front facing which isnt as safe or get a smaller seat . But im 6'2" and it wouldn't work with the car seat rear facing .
Old 08-09-2016, 02:07 PM
The Scammer Hammer

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

We actually bought the Recaro car seat, lol. Our youngest is 5 (today).

Quick Reply: Thinking About Trading My C6 ZO6 For A V