Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Tire Pressure Sensors... Problems running without?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tire Pressure Sensors... Problems running without?

Question:

If you have no tire pressure sensors in your V, do you get any "service tire pressure monitoring system" error messages, or is there just no reading on the information screen?

Reason I ask is that I'm debating whether to put them into a set of aftermarket wheels I've got... and for example on my 99 Corvette it gives you that error message every time you start the car... and on (only) that year car you can't avoid that. I don't want the V to do the same thing...
Old 02-27-2009, 06:43 PM
Launching!

I get the error on my C5 also. But not on the 05 V. If the stock tires or sensors sitting in the garage it'll send off a warning. It goes away after 50 miles or so.
Old 02-27-2009, 06:49 PM
Staging Lane

That's encouraging news... thanks.
Depending on what year your C5 is, it's something that can be turned off in all years but 99 as I understand it (via Hptuners, LS1edit, etc). Ranks right up there with the 97-99 key fobs that are incompatible and many times as expensive as 01-04 ones and different from y2k ones. Thanks GM.

Can anyone else confirm that this won't be a problem on a 2004 V?
Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

it can be shut off with a tech2...or like said keep the sensors away from the car.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:39 PM
Launching!

When my tire pressure sensors went bad there was just no reading on the display for that tire. But the car wouldn’t go into competitive driving mode.
Old 03-03-2009, 02:20 PM
On The Tree

I can chime in on this one. You don't need a tech2 to disable the sensors, just make sure you keep your tires (with tpms) away from your car for at least 60 miles of driving and your tpms warning will shutdown auto-magically.

Regarding competitive mode, I believe (don't quote me on this) it will disable competitive mode if it detects an anomaly (i.e. pressure too low or high). If the system is off completely it will let you go into competitive mode (or stabilitrak off) just fine.

Quick Reply: Tire Pressure Sensors... Problems running without?