Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

One week test drive: Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default One week test drive: Update

2005 Redline CTS-V 69K

The Goods

So, I’ve been in the car just over a week now. It’s time for a review. I’ve done some research and got some questions. I’ll try to keep it short. Overall, it seems like a great car. I am very impressed with a lot of it. I plan on doing a better shifter, and do the write-up dealing with getting an IPOD/IPhone input cable. It already had exhaust, Intake, and two 5” screens w/DVD in the headrests for the backseat passengers. (Wireless headset to)

The Bads

I have the infamous two problems. The buttons on the radio are getting worn off, so I should be ordering new buttons only soon. I also have what seems to be the engine mount problem. I’ve seen the Vehicle history; it looks like the “Right side” was replaced on 4/18/2009. However, it still shakes a bit. Is a little bit of shake when you turn the engine off “Normal?” I’m doing the Poly mounts for the Engine/Transmission if I find out it’s a problem.

I have a Luxury Certified Pre-owned Limited Warranty until 4/16/2001. Does anyone know what this will cover?
Old 05-18-2009, 02:35 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You'll have a little shake even with good mounts. This car has a very heavy flywheel and it takes a while to spin down.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes ^^^

The luxury certified warranty should be an extension of the factory bumper-to-bumper warranty up to 100,000 miles. That should be enough to get you a whole new nav unit (dealers don't replace individual buttons, though Lindsay Cadillac does and will sell them to you.)
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah I ordered some stuff from them already. I got the buttons on the way. See below, this is why I went ahead and ordered it.

So, here's my next part list.

1. Pinion Support Brace / BMR: 145
2. Transmission/Engine Polyurethane / Lindsay: 385
3. Shifter: B&M, UUC, Katech ?!?

http://www.cadillac.com/_res/pdf/CPO...nformation.pdf

What is not covered

Body and Interior This warranty does not cover adjusters, ashtrays, assist steps, body and other parts, body panels, body rails, body seals and gaskets, bolts, bright metal, bumpers, bulbs (except instrumentation), carpeting, chassis frame, clips, convenience nets, convertible / vinyl tops (except electronics), covers, cross members, cup-holders, cushions, dash cover and pad, door trim, fabric, floor and trunk mats, glass, grilles, handles, headlamps, headliner, hinges, interior and exterior trim, *****, latches, lenses, levers, locks (except electronics), light bulbs, mirrors, moldings, nuts, paint, retainers and fasteners, rust and corrosion damage (except as covered by the new vehicle 6yr unlimited mile rust –through warranty), sealed beams, sheet metal, springs, stops, sunroof (except electronics), sunshades, trays, upholstery, vents, weather strips, windshield washer components (except electronic / motors, pumps, switches).
Old 05-18-2009, 04:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by TurboCtsV1
lol! jimminy christmas!! than what is covered?
In the document as a whole, it covers a lot of driveline / safety components. I think that cosmetic, general wear & tear over time, besides defect's (which those stupid buttons are), are not covered.