Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

DVD NAVIGATION anyone know unlock!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DVD NAVIGATION anyone know unlock!?!?

i have an 03 dts but im told its the same on early cts's theres some code u enter to unlock the nav dvd features while driving. they sell the codes on ebay for $20 but im too cheap!
Old 09-30-2009, 05:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

no you can't do that in the gen 1 cts-v nav
Old 10-05-2009, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ssrsz06
i have an 03 dts but im told its the same on early cts's theres some code u enter to unlock the nav dvd features while driving. they sell the codes on ebay for $20 but im too cheap!
If you're just looking to unlock the DVD watching ability while your moving, you should be able to search here, or check out the Cadillacfaq.com

Jay
Old 10-05-2009, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its the same as the CTS (and your talking about watching a dvd movie)... you dont need a code. Just hit 2 buttons, copied and pasted from cadillacfaq.com... I dont know the code to let you input an address while driving though.

http://cadillacfaq.com/faq/index.html > Infortainment & Navigation > Can I watch DVD's while the car is moving?
"
Can I watch DVD's while the car is moving?
from Clinton

Everybody, just in, DVD hack, now playing DVD while car is in motion!! I am so psyched!! I wanted everyone to know that I am a true Contributor to the CTS-V Community!! My brother and I where out in the car determined to find a solution. It took us about ten minutes to figure out with no wiring changes! You have to image the look on each other faces when we know we got it to work. When I released the parking break and the screen stayed on we were driving!! I also want to give crate to eyeforthectsvguy! He lead me in the right direction.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ad.php?t=12591

Here are the steps to be driving, riding, and watching (Be safe, if you are diving, do not watch screen!!)

Step 1 Put in DVD.
Step 2 Play DVD (Do not leave it at the front menu, if you do not start the DVD you will not be able to start it after you begin to drive.)
Step 3 While playing - Hit the second from the bottom buttons on the right hand side of the DVD screen and then press the forward Seek Button. (You will see a little flicker)
NOTE: If you see a differnt screen with the words "cold reboot" on it, press the same button combination AGAIN and it should go back to the DVD...

Step 4 Now disable the parking break and make sure that the DVD stays on.
Step 5 Enjoy

If you did everything correct you will notice that all the features are disabled. If you are at the main menu of the dvd you will not be able to select play movie or any features.

If you would like to stop the dvd, you must hit the top right button first. Then it will bring up the safety lock if you are in motion or parking break off.

Other notes:
I got DVD-R to play fine in mine, but the +R are having some problems.
"

Quick Reply: DVD NAVIGATION anyone know unlock!?!?