Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Considering selling the V for my buddys bagged truck... opinions???

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2010, 05:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Considering selling the V for my buddys bagged truck... opinions???

Well guys,
I'm trying to decide and i could use ya'lls help! I posted this on gmfullsize.com to get some opinions and everyone over left me 4 pages worth of responses drooling over the truck and says im stupid if i dont jump on it cause its super sick which it is. I was wanting to buy it off my buddy before i got the V but he wouldnt sell it. Now he has had some other priorities come up and he doesnt want to sell it but he says if i want it, he will let me buy it.

The truck is an 08 GMC Sierra EC SLE with the 4.8L/Auto combo. He bought the truck brand new. The truck has just 18k miles on it and because he works at the dealer, if i were to buy it, he has connections to get things warrantied on it if anything were to go wrong when usually a truck built like this would be voided. Its been fully bagged with an extensive kit and lays frame front to rear. Its be hardlined with 1/2" lines and 3/8" GC valves and slam RE7's. (3) 5 gallon tanks have been welded under the bed in the location where the spare tire usually goes and it has (2) Viair 380 compressors. Bed has been notched/tubbed and bedlined with the snug top bed cover. Interior wise he had custom katskinz leather seats put in. He had the rear bench seat cut into buckets so he could run a custom fiberglass/painted console/sub enclosure from front to rear with cup holders and guage pod built in. Seats are black leather with suade inserts like the V seats but with lime green stitching. The entire dash has been smoothed and painted gloss black like the outside of the truck with some lime green accents. Looks pretty sick!! Under the hood he did a complete wire tuck! Relocated the battery, fuse box and cut the brake system out to switch to a cantilever setup so he could completely smooth and paint the firewall. When you pop the hood, all you see is the motor in the middle... no wires, no brakes, no battery, no fuse boxes... nothing. Just the tubs and everything is smooth and painted. The truck was built to lay on 26's but its currently on 24" KMC Slides. Everything on the exterior has been paint matched and the lights have been smoked. The headlights are one of a kind. He actually took them apart himself and painted them to look exactly the way he wanted because they dont sell anything like them. The pics im going to post were taken while i was driving the truck for a few days about a month ago. Since the pics were taken, the console has been installed, the painted rear bumper has been installed and the tailgate has been shaved.

If i were to buy it, id either leave it as is or maybe powdercoat the wheels black for a completely murdered look. I think that truck would look sinister on black wheels.

Now, you've all seen my V. Its an 04 with 104k miles. Runs and drives great! No issues! Only mods are a mag catback, k&n intake, short-throw shifter, cut stock springs with spacers and everything has been murdered except the grilles and headlights.

What do you guys think? The truck will cost me quite a bit more but its also 4 years newer with a lot less miles...

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 04-02-2010 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

If thats your thing man, go for it. It doesn't make my shorts rise but who cares what I think.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Keep the V and buy it. Gotta have a nice truck to go with your V
Old 04-02-2010, 05:49 PM
TECH Regular

Umm...no! I think low rider trucks are the most ridiculous thing ever, sorry just my opinion.

Lowrider trucks basically take a perfectly good, utilitarian truck and make it into a low sports car-type vehicle. But the kicker is, a truck will never look as sporty or cool as nicely modified sports car (on the other hand, badass jacked up trucks are a different story, but they are not being made into something they're not during the modification process).

A lowrider will never outhandle a sports car, nor will it be as aerodynamic as one. To me, there are absolutely no upsides to a lowered truck...even if it does "lay frame"...which is the epitomy of all show, no go. I can't even begin to imagine how much money was put into that truck to make it look like that, uggh!

While the truck is cool with all the black, the ride height looks stupid to me. The only good thing about it is it has low miles compared to your V.

I'm actually hoping that you were just intending this to be an April Fool's Joke, that came a bit late.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1bad2k
Keep the V and buy it. Gotta have a nice truck to go with your V
Lol! I wish man! Unfortunately working full-time at a fairly low paying job while going to school full-time doesnt allow me to have both right now. I only have about a year left of school though until ill have the job i want and ill be able to afford all the nice toys at that point! I cant wait! When i was working out at the plant before, i made awesome money and had it all but had to sacrifice the money to get a school friendly job to go back to school for my degree because i knew i didnt want to do what i was doing forever. Working for pretty much chump change again sucks!! lol

After calling my bank a few mins ago... You guys will be happy to know I'm leaning back toward the V. The truck is sick but im not 100% sure i'd like it better than the V anyway even though it would be cool to try something different. To switch, it would be a pretty good price difference that im not too sure i wanna pay. Right now, my payment on the V is just $300 a month on a fairly short term because i dont owe very much on the loan. To get the truck, i would be required to put $3000 down, i'd have to extended the term by 2.5 years along with my monthly payment going up to $420 a month. I realize neither payment is extreme or anything but with my other bills and considering im paying for school out of pocket, im not sure i want that increase and if i were to spend that extra money, i think it would go nicely into mods for the V...

Im thinking keeping my V with the more than affordable payment and my paid off bike that costs me nothing anymore to ride and enjoy it would be the way to stay. Besides, the all black bike looks pretty trick next to the murdered V! And... giving up the bike when we are about to be back in perfect riding weather to get the truck with a bigger payment seems foolish to me. I just didnt realize the price difference was going to be that much.

I was expecting a somewhat biased opinion to the V over here considering the forum i posted this on... lol

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 04-02-2010 at 06:15 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:11 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Umm...no! I think low rider trucks are the most ridiculous thing ever, sorry just my opinion.

Lowrider trucks basically take a perfectly good, utilitarian truck and make it into a low sports car-type vehicle. But the kicker is, a truck will never look as sporty or cool as nicely modified sports car (on the other hand, badass jacked up trucks are a different story, but they are not being made into something they're not during the modification process).

A lowrider will never outhandle a sports car, nor will it be as aerodynamic as one. To me, there are absolutely no upsides to a lowered truck...even if it does "lay frame"...which is the epitomy of all show, no go. I can't even begin to imagine how much money was put into that truck to make it look like that, uggh!

While the truck is cool with all the black, the ride height looks stupid to me. The only good thing about it is it has low miles compared to your V.

I'm actually hoping that you were just intending this to be an April Fool's Joke, that came a bit late.
LOL! Yeah man, I know a lot of people dont have an appreciation for the bagged trucks and i expected that response. lol Living down here in Houston, when you see one done right, its impressive. I used to hate them and over time, i've really grown to like them more and more. His truck has quite a bit of time and $$$ into it. Your right... you prob dont even want to know how much... lol And yeah, its not fast at all but i wouldnt say its turd slow. Its pretty much all show like you said though. Hes actually had it at numerous shows including heatwave, showdown, shofest, battle drag, texmex, etc...

Im a big lifted truck fan too but only diesels. Ive owned a couple lifted gas trucks before and though they look cool, they are turd slow with the big lift, wheels and tires on them and gas mileage is horrible! When i had mine, i could barely load a dirtbike in the bed because the ramp was straight up and down due to the 10.5" lift and 37" swampers. lol In a way, the lift makes the truck all show and no go too...

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 04-02-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:00 PM
Teching In

Why would you even waste time on a thread with that question????? At least say your thinkin about a vette.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tweeter81

Hey hey, watch it on the lowered truck **** talkin haha jk. it does defeat the purpose but i wouldnt have it any other way!

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02
Lol! I wish man! Unfortunately working full-time at a fairly low paying job while going to school full-time doesnt allow me to have both right now. I only have about a year left of school though until ill have the job i want and ill be able to afford all the nice toys at that point! I cant wait! When i was working out at the plant before, i made awesome money and had it all but had to sacrifice the money to get a school friendly job to go back to school for my degree because i knew i didnt want to do what i was doing forever. Working for pretty much chump change again sucks!! lol

After calling my bank a few mins ago... You guys will be happy to know I'm leaning back toward the V. The truck is sick but im not 100% sure i'd like it better than the V anyway even though it would be cool to try something different. To switch, it would be a pretty good price difference that im not too sure i wanna pay. Right now, my payment on the V is just $300 a month on a fairly short term because i dont owe very much on the loan. To get the truck, i would be required to put $3000 down, i'd have to extended the term by 2.5 years along with my monthly payment going up to $420 a month. I realize neither payment is extreme or anything but with my other bills and considering im paying for school out of pocket, im not sure i want that increase and if i were to spend that extra money, i think it would go nicely into mods for the V...

Im thinking keeping my V with the more than affordable payment and my paid off bike that costs me nothing anymore to ride and enjoy it would be the way to stay. Besides, the all black bike looks pretty trick next to the murdered V! And... giving up the bike when we are about to be back in perfect riding weather to get the truck with a bigger payment seems foolish to me. I just didnt realize the price difference was going to be that much.

I was expecting a somewhat biased opinion to the V over here considering the forum i posted this on... lol
Funny you should mention that, I am considering quitting my factory job to go back and finish school. i will feel the pain soon too lol.
Old 04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 1bad2k
Hey hey, watch it on the lowered truck **** talkin haha jk. it does defeat the purpose but i wouldnt have it any other way!

Funny you should mention that, I am considering quitting my factory job to go back and finish school. i will feel the pain soon too lol.
It kind of defeats the purpose. On a bagged truck, you can still use the bed to haul stuff or load a dirtbike or streetbike in it. The bed cover can be removed/installed in minutes. You can even tow a trailer if you had a hide a hitch as long as it wasnt anything extreme. Technically... anything over 4-6" max on a lifted truck defeats the purpose in the same way.

And yeah man, i had to think it over long and hard when i made the decision to quit and go back to school but i figured since im 24 now and not getting any younger, i needed to get to it or i would soon find myself 30+ still living in an apartment without a real career. I turn 25 at the end of this year and Ill graduate and be working by the time i turn 26 and at that time, I may even continue with school to get my bachelors in engineering.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:43 AM
On The Tree

That's one ugly *** truck IMO. I can appreciate the time and effort that went into it but it's still a monstrosity to me.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

defeates the prupose of a truck to me, what really turned me off was the 4.8l and not the 5.3, the 5.3's are awesome motors and ive never really heard anything about the 4.8.

keep the V or buy the truck, sell the truck for profit, and buy a maggied V.
Old 04-03-2010, 08:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by NeverSatisfied02

What do you guys think? The truck will cost me quite a bit more but its also 4 years newer with a lot less miles...
OMG are you A.D.D. or something. You've had the V for what 3 months and put lots of work into it even talking of swaping the interior? When you were on here looking for a car, you thought people were paying way too much for newer lower mileage cars with some still under warranty. Now you are using that logic to justify your potential purchase.

Personally I think the truck looks good and it's unique (at least around here it would be). Life is short, if it's a good deal, doesn't screw your financial future, and you like it, why not. Personally I bought the V for the handling, power, and manual transmission. It gives me the chance to go to open track days and the strip occasionally. Are those things you'd want to do or miss? Could you be happy driving a vehicle whose only outstanding feature is appearance? If I'm going to get 15mpg, it better be fun to drive or be able to pull a big trailer.
Old 04-03-2010, 10:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that truck prolly gets 15mpg highway not city. So im guessing its not even 4wd which sucks as well.
Old 04-03-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

taylor, you should be limited to how many threads you start.

LOL!
Old 04-03-2010, 11:46 AM
Launching!

The next thing you invest in should be something that appreciates NOT depreciates.
STOP thinking with your dipstick and start thinking with your Brain.

I think you already know what you SHOULD do.

Last edited by Stepside; 04-03-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: wrong smilie
Old 04-03-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

Depends what you want, if you want a fast cadillac.

Or you want a big truck to "floss" at car shows with.

2 totally diffrent vehicles.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Buy the truck, and i'll buy your V
Old 04-03-2010, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

ummmmm, i think the truck is sick. not diggin the green in the interior but whatever. its really up to what YOU want. a car or a truck?? both are sick! you can hual your murdered bike around in your murdered truck...right? its really all personal preferance. of course you go over to the truck thread and they will be biased. get the truck, get the truck. come to the V forum and you get... stay with the V, stay with the V. right??
Old 04-03-2010, 01:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Lol! You guys are funny! First of all... Yes I have a.d.d. when it comes to cars! Lol I'm leaning back to the V like I said. The truck is tight and I do like it but i think it would be much harder to sell later and it would cost me alot more now compared to the V. After seeing the reaction to the V being posted for sale for just a couple days on craigs, I've decided to keep it. I think Im making the smarter decision to keep the V. I drive a lot so the gas mileage is nice!

And yes A-Bomb... I should prob be regulated on how many threads I start but at least I'm keeping the V section alive! Haha

And yeah, both forums will obviously be biased to what the forum is based on. The guys on gmfullsize are all over the truck like flies on a turd and majority here says its a no brainer to keep the V. lol

And pm's returned...

Last edited by NeverSatisfied02; 04-03-2010 at 04:33 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:17 PM
Teching In

I would take the truck but i am biased since i am into minitrucks and lowriders..

If only the truck was a quad cab.. I am on the fence on either bagging my 07 quad cab or pouring money into my 63 impala... Looking at that truck makes me want to bag it!

Quick Reply: Considering selling the V for my buddys bagged truck... opinions???