Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

who want a twin turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2010, 11:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default who want a twin turbo kit

Rob at modular turbo said that he can make a bolt on twin turbo kit for any ls power vehicle,he will need 10 people to be init to start
Old 04-18-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

your not gonna get any interest besides price until you post one.
Old 04-19-2010, 01:24 AM
TECH Regular

Yeah this probably wont go anywhere. Finding 10 ppl wont be easy. Also most of the LSx turbo kits have a lot of trouble running anything bigger then a GT35R which kind of sucks
Old 04-19-2010, 01:57 AM
Staging Lane

price?more info please
Old 04-19-2010, 03:08 AM
TECH Senior Member

Problem is being competetive in pricing. I guarantee for the money this kit will cost you could get the whipple, maggie, STS kit or your own custom kit for the same price. And getting 10 people to all drop 6k+ is impossible especially all at the exact same time.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

Price it around 4k and I am sure you'll find 10 people!
Old 04-19-2010, 08:41 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmmm.... in for the long run. Like to see how this turns out
Old 04-19-2010, 11:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Nice to know that someone is considering a TT kit for our cars, but unless the V has a bigger built motor, going the Maggie route is probably cheaper and less of a headache.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onebadcad
Nice to know that someone is considering a TT kit for our cars, but unless the V has a bigger built motor, going the Maggie route is probably cheaper and less of a headache.
There is already STS that I would personally pick over the maggie just because they are less common. I dont see them doing a front mount twin turbo setup for under 6k.

A guy put a whipple on a cam only V and made 500rwhp and 530rwtq and 500 tq was made at just 2500 rpm. That kit is going for 7k. And thats only at 6psi which is like not even having the whipple turned on lol. But a built motor better be in your near future.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I don't think a 'bolt-on' TT kit will be possible, always more work than anyone thought. Maggie ain't the best, but shes easy, which is why there are 50+ Maggied Vs out there and probably less than 10 total other power adders. If you are keeping stock internals, Maggie makes sense. If you poop Benjies, pull the motor and go with a bigger system that can deliver serious PSI. Not sure if anyone has done an STS kit on a V, but I do know the company has been bashed by a few for not being specific regarding fitment for our cars. Also, our rear-ends blow, once you start going crazy at 500+RWHP, you will never enjoy WOT without spending $5+K on a fix.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:01 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by onebadcad
I don't think a 'bolt-on' TT kit will be possible, always more work than anyone thought. Maggie ain't the best, but shes easy, which is why there are 50+ Maggied Vs out there and probably less than 10 total other power adders. If you are keeping stock internals, Maggie makes sense. If you poop Benjies, pull the motor and go with a bigger system that can deliver serious PSI. Not sure if anyone has done an STS kit on a V, but I do know the company has been bashed by a few for not being specific regarding fitment for our cars. Also, our rear-ends blow, once you start going crazy at 500+RWHP, you will never enjoy WOT without spending $5+K on a fix.
My stock rear end lived at 750+ rw for a long time. Car still had a stock rear in it when i sold it. If ppl understand what hurts them its not impossible to have one that lives. Especially with the new axles.

i wish the EPP guys would release there procharger kit for sale instead of only doing it in house. That would be awesome and im sure in the 7-8k area
Old 04-19-2010, 08:48 PM
TECH Regular

price is my concern, i would love to turbo my v because im not a big SC fan
Old 04-19-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by y2kfrc
My stock rear end lived at 750+ rw for a long time. Car still had a stock rear in it when i sold it. If ppl understand what hurts them its not impossible to have one that lives. Especially with the new axles.

i wish the EPP guys would release there procharger kit for sale instead of only doing it in house. That would be awesome and im sure in the 7-8k area
EPP is long gone doing stuff in house. You might want to call Bob and see if he will sell you a kit, I can't imagine they are doing that well on the name alone with no service side anymore.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yea EPP has had the do it yourself procharger kit for a long time but you better be ready to do some custom mods to get it to fit.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by itsslow98
Yea EPP has had the do it yourself procharger kit for a long time but you better be ready to do some custom mods to get it to fit.
They won't even sell you the full kit anymore.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Oh i gotcha, if a procharger is what you want any LSX shop that is reputable will be able to get one to fit for the right amount of money.
Old 04-19-2010, 11:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SkullV
EPP is long gone doing stuff in house. You might want to call Bob and see if he will sell you a kit, I can't imagine they are doing that well on the name alone with no service side anymore.
Mind saying what happened?

Custom mods wouldnt be an issue as long as you have a good base

Oh i gotcha, if a procharger is what you want any LSX shop that is reputable will be able to get one to fit for the right amount of money.
10k roughly
Old 04-20-2010, 06:33 AM
TECH Resident

With all the fly by night shops that have come on here promising the moon and stars with TT kits for F-bodies and not producing, I think you will be hard pressed to find any takers. Check out Incon, APS, Ohio forced inductions to name a few. I could go on. All promised the next best product and all fell short and eventually dropped off the board after owing customers thousands or not standing behind their products. If I want another turbo car, I will sell the V and choose a platform that has reputable, proven shops building them.

Last edited by big reg; 04-20-2010 at 06:42 AM.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SkullV
Wow, I did not know that. What happened, are they out of business now?
Old 04-20-2010, 07:47 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by big reg
With all the fly by night shops that have come on here promising the moon and stars with TT kits for F-bodies and not producing, I think you will be hard pressed to find any takers. Check out Incon, APS, Ohio forced inductions to name a few. I could go on. All promised the next best product and all fell short and eventually dropped off the board after owing customers thousands or not standing behind their products. If I want another turbo car, I will sell the V and choose a platform that has reputable, proven shops building them.
Kentucky turbo is one of the best turbo kit producers for the fbody now and they are well known on this board. I would trust them to put together a kit if I had the money.

Quick Reply: who want a twin turbo kit