Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

My 04 maggied VS 09 cts-v

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2010, 05:46 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 04 maggied VS 09 cts-v

Well i was on my way to work on a interstate at about 11:30 at night tuesday and im just creepy along at 60mph coz im early and i look in my rear view and see some really bright hid headlights and then up comes a V2 silver cts-v...we both play around and then finally do a kick from about 55-145...we did the same kick 3x and i would pull him each time...we pulled over and talk for about 5-10 min...his name on ls1tech is toohighpsi....he ran a 12.0 bone stock last year...he was a cool dude...i was happy to finally race a V2
Old 05-06-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, how much power does your car make?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:16 AM
TECH Regular

That's one race I would like to see on video! Nice job!!
Old 05-06-2010, 08:44 AM
Teching In

I didn't know you worked in Mexico.....that must be a hell of a commute

Graham
Old 05-06-2010, 10:19 AM
TECH Resident

Sweet, now if only I could find one near me that would race!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good that you found him on the open road, from a dig it might be painful. I have yet to run across one in my V, but if I were to see one, it would be on!!!
Saw one in my C6, but he did not want to play, not sure why, as other than the rear widebody panels, the 345s and the intercooler showing through the front grill, it looks like a plain C6.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice i thought itd be more of an even race. they are trapping around 116 stock i cant imagine youd be a whole lot faster with the mods in your sig. either way good run, was his an auto or 6 speed?
Old 05-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Teching In

Hey Lee,

It was cool to run into you the other evening! That was just the right event to break up an otherwise boring 3.5hr drive... Overall, for the first 2 pulls I'd say that the cars were quite even, if I had been familiar with the starting technique we probably could have had a better chance to get the best results. You clearly walked away from me on the last pull at the top end (130+), I did forget to close my window on that run - not sure if that makes a huge difference but I know it has an impact on my 1/4 mile MPH.

For reference - my V2 is an 09 auto with 10K very fun filled miles on it! I've only had it to the strip once and mananged a 12.08 @ 115.5 MPH on my 3rd and best run.

Later,
Old 05-06-2010, 09:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

nice run, good to see two straight up guys running, the street racing section is filled with a bunch of idiots and ive been pestering the hell out of them.

I bet they were fun runs.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:03 AM
TECH Regular

i have not put my car on a dynojet yet but on a conservative mustang dyno it did 452hp 430 tq...i dont know what that translates to on dynojet but im guessin 480-490...it pulls really hard is all i know...it has a ls7 clutch/flywheel setup also...and rpm level 4 tranny...60lb injectors too...and i can drive the **** outa it...even hooks decent down low with some good driving....just ordered bmr anti wheelhop kit and eibach lowering springs w MM spacers...
Old 05-07-2010, 07:05 AM
TECH Regular

Talking

Originally Posted by toohighpsi
Hey Lee,

It was cool to run into you the other evening! That was just the right event to break up an otherwise boring 3.5hr drive... Overall, for the first 2 pulls I'd say that the cars were quite even, if I had been familiar with the starting technique we probably could have had a better chance to get the best results. You clearly walked away from me on the last pull at the top end (130+), I did forget to close my window on that run - not sure if that makes a huge difference but I know it has an impact on my 1/4 mile MPH.

For reference - my V2 is an 09 auto with 10K very fun filled miles on it! I've only had it to the strip once and mananged a 12.08 @ 115.5 MPH on my 3rd and best run.

Later,
I bet when u rolled up behind me u thought u would eat me for dinner with my stock catback...lol
Old 05-07-2010, 07:42 AM
Staging Lane

Hey Lee,

Later,
Michigan, Where?
Old 05-07-2010, 11:04 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
i have not put my car on a dynojet yet but on a conservative mustang dyno it did 452hp 430 tq...i dont know what that translates to on dynojet but im guessin 480-490...it pulls really hard is all i know...it has a ls7 clutch/flywheel setup also...and rpm level 4 tranny...60lb injectors too...and i can drive the **** outa it...even hooks decent down low with some good driving....just ordered bmr anti wheelhop kit and eibach lowering springs w MM spacers...
Sounds like you have a badass car. But, one bit of advice. I haven't heard anything good about that BMR Wheelhop Kit. I have also heard that it puts stress on a weak part of the diff and could cause failure.

I have a better (than the BMR you ordered) version of an anti-wheelhop kit on my car and can't wait to tear it off and install my new GForce Axles. That is the way to go. Eliminate the wheelhop without bringing a bunch of noise into the cabin.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

....just ordered bmr anti wheelhop kit...
Originally Posted by tweeter81
I haven't heard anything good about that BMR Wheelhop Kit. I have also heard that it puts stress on a weak part of the diff and could cause failure.

I have a better (than the BMR you ordered) version of an anti-wheelhop kit on my car and can't wait to tear it off and install my new GForce Axles. That is the way to go. Eliminate the wheelhop without bringing a bunch of noise into the cabin.
Yeah. Those "wheelhop kits" they made back in the day are old technology. The simple and proper fix are axles. Whether you do one or both, wheelhop is gone 95% of the time. Still get it in the rain from time to time.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by tweeter81
Sounds like you have a badass car. But, one bit of advice. I haven't heard anything good about that BMR Wheelhop Kit. I have also heard that it puts stress on a weak part of the diff and could cause failure.

people say that but i have done the bmr and lowered on my old ctsv and it was night and day difference...u have to have the right set up with tires too...i think even the lowering springs might help in a weird way...
Old 05-08-2010, 08:43 PM
Teching In

I bet when u rolled up behind me u thought u would eat me for dinner with my stock catback...lol
LOL, my collague and I were noting how clean your car was when you hit it for the first time, no mistaking that Maggie and I wasn't sure what we could be into here.

I do like the sound of your ride and the stock look, maybe I'll go the same route with my V2. I have been considering a cat back but don't want to make it loud, not to mention that aren't really worth anything power wise - the headers on the other hand are a different story.

Your car clearly runs very strong, I would have no problem believing the HP numbers you provided!
Old 05-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Goats
Michigan, Where?
Near Battle Creek
Old 05-09-2010, 06:14 AM
TECH Regular

Near Battle Creek
You should come down to fort wayne on a friday or saturday night...big car crowd and street racing!! usually at liberty dinner on coliseum from 9pm to 3am every fri n sat through the summer...if u ever wanna meet up...text me 260-348-0151
Old 05-09-2010, 06:55 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Question

You should come down to fort wayne on a friday or saturday night...big car crowd and street racing!! usually at liberty dinner on coliseum from 9pm to 3am every fri n sat through the summer...if u ever wanna meet up...text me 260-348-0151
I'm glad to see you found a good V to buy. Did you buy this V in Fort Wayne?

PM's disabled, please e-mail me
E-mail: brutespeed@gmail.comob@brutespeed.com

https://brutespeed.com/ Link to website

Old 05-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Cool, I think that I might be down there over a weekend later this summer, probably won't have the V but I'll look you up, sounds like fun!

Quick Reply: My 04 maggied VS 09 cts-v