Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

any cts-v's near Mooresville NC?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 02:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default any cts-v's near Mooresville NC?

I sent an email to tick performance to see if they have anything for the V crowd and i got back a response that they wanted to do some research into it but dont have a cts-v. I live in Jersey so i'm not that local to them. if any of you guys are semi local and dont mind having your car be the test mule so they can design an adjustable master for us then give Joey at tick a shout by email "joey@tick-performance.com" and hopefully help bring more parts to the cts-v world. I told him I was going to do this so he would be expecting an email from someone.

Thanks guys.
Old 05-15-2010, 11:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 289 miles, 5 hours away in Cleveland, Tennessee. wish I was a little closer.
Old 05-16-2010, 04:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats cool, i was just trying to help the fellow v guys out. seems like there isnt much interest.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Proximity to Mooresville

Actually, I'm just over 2 hours from Mooresville, it's just that my configuration wouldn't be of any help to most V cars.
Old 05-16-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

email him and see what he says. he is looking to make an adjustable master, having a ls7 has no bearing upon that.
Old 05-17-2010, 06:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
he is looking to make an adjustable master
Shouldn't he be able to get that from EFIlive or HP tuners websites then?

HPT's site has both LS6 and LS2 stock and modified tunes listed that should work nicely as a base/master.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

tick is looking to make an adjustable master cylinder for our hydrolic clutch systems. This would help with various issues such as having trouble getting into gear like first or reverse, pedal falling to the floor, lock out in various gears... etc. nothing to do with tunning.

i must have confused you some how carl.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:42 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Senior Moment

I confuse myself all the time...it's just another senior moment.

Our car's clutch hydraulics is a subject near and dear to my heart.

Heat is also one of the issues with the clutch hydraulics in our cars. DOT3 fluid becomes discolored almost immediately after a change.

Other than fluid type changes, I don't know what the solution is. KTM uses a mineral-based fluid instead of brake fluid in their clutch systems. It seems to be resistant to heat absorbtion and works very well (does not fade) in high heat situations (ie.; severe bottlenecks in hare scrambles, deep mud bogs, etc.) There is a mineral-based fluid used in BMW hydraulics that works equally well (PENTOSIN CHF 7.1 with a heat range of -40*C to +100*C, manufactured by Deutsche PENTOSIN-Werke GMBH). It may require a different compound for the seals in the master and slave, but I haven't researched this yet.

In addition to the master cylinder, a remote bleeder that would also allow backbleeding (which would purge the slave completely), designed specifically for the V, would also be nice.

Currently, I'm using US Brake's Ultra HTX 600+ (DOT4) and keeping my fingers crossed.

Last edited by scatillac; 05-17-2010 at 07:59 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

well pops lol, stop keeping your fingers crossed and email tick and see if they can make a unit for us. then if we have an issue we could just up the pressure and get that eliminated.

it seems many people have this issue even stock, yet no one has seemed to care to have a company make a better master cylinder for us.