Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Roaring noise...throwout bearing?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2010, 12:04 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Roaring noise...throwout bearing?

I just began hearing a noise a couple days ago....it's mostly in 5th gear when I'm cruising on the backroads @ about 1,500 or so....if I press the clutch in it goes away. From my previous knowledge it tells me that it's a throw out bearing. On my first thread on here I was warned to get ready for 3 problems, motor mounts...already broken and repaired....radio *****...flaking off and now covered with vinyl.....and shitty stock clutch...well I guess this is my next project. Any input will be appreciated
Old 05-20-2010, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

put a complete ls7 clutch setup in and never look back
Old 05-20-2010, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by punishmentcycle
put a complete ls7 clutch setup in and never look back
From what I have read on the site, the LS7 kit is a good option, but it requires some modification to make it fit on the V.

With that said, everything I read point me to the Monster kit. Do a search for this as it comes with everything and has many good results reported.

LAW
Old 05-20-2010, 12:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

How many miles?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:30 PM
Teching In

~200 miles on a Monster Level 2 and I LOVE it.

Great products and great people.

Graham
Old 05-20-2010, 02:12 PM
TECH Resident

It has 71,000 on it.....I've only put around 2,500 on it since I've had it, gotta feeling I got burned a little but the previous owner had it for a year or so and only did 3,000 on it in a years time....maybe he knew of the issues maybe not, either way he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with me....He did cover the cost to replace the mounts, didn't have to much input on the clutch issue as of yet.....It's an 04, what mods are required?
Old 05-20-2010, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
It has 71,000 on it.....I've only put around 2,500 on it since I've had it, gotta feeling I got burned a little but the previous owner had it for a year or so and only did 3,000 on it in a years time....maybe he knew of the issues maybe not, either way he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt with me....He did cover the cost to replace the mounts, didn't have to much input on the clutch issue as of yet.....It's an 04, what mods are required?
Well, at 71k, you are most likely going to need a clutch soon or now.

When you do a clutch job, you will need to replace: Slave Cylinder and Pilot Bearing etc.

Sounds like the problem will disappear after the clutch job.
Old 05-20-2010, 11:02 PM

Does a lighter flywheel normally come with a clutch pak/setup? Isnt the stock flywheel like 50 pounds... oh yeah, I am new as of last year/Nov. to CTS-V ownership, still learning everything. Thanks, Ron.
Old 05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
TECH Resident

Hey Murdered.....I'm in the 'Ham....but I do travel to Tn for most of my sales territory, lemme know if you guys ever have any events in your area, I haven't seen another V in Birmingham as of yet
Old 05-21-2010, 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
Hey Murdered.....I'm in the 'Ham....but I do travel to Tn for most of my sales territory, lemme know if you guys ever have any events in your area, I haven't seen another V in Birmingham as of yet
There are a lot of car events and shows in this area, but I have only seen one other V here in the area in the last year. When you are in the area, give me a call we can get a few pictures of the V's together or something. Or I can tell you about any shows as well. Just email me, ron@fastcoolcars.com, I'm actually in Cleveland, about 25 minutes north of Chattanooga.

Ron

Quick Reply: Roaring noise...throwout bearing?