Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Adding METH INJ

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 11:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding METH INJ

Im goin to buy a devils own meth kit...do i need a controller or can i just get the universal kit...im only running around 6lbs of boost...will i need a tune or can i just install kit without tune? my car is very heat soaked even tho i have a large front mount intercooler...with the 85 degree weather feels like iv lost 50 rwhp...
Old 05-26-2010, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

To take full advantage you need to retune. You may see a slight increase just because of the cooler intake charge but to take advantage of the higher octain, you need a tune.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

I just bought a kit for my '09 CTS-V. It ran about $ 550, I believe, for everything. Same manufacturer as I run on my '87 turbo Buick. I believe that you will need some type of controller regardless of what kit you choose. As stated above, even though some of the RWHP & RWTQ comes from the cooling effect of the meth on the incoming charge, most of the benefit of running meth - alky is the ability to increase boost due to the increased octane. You might want to study the market throughly before plunking your money down. Some kits are better than others by a noticeable difference in the quality of the kit components and the engineering behind the kit. HTH
Old 05-26-2010, 06:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary Wells
I just bought a kit for my '09 CTS-V. It ran about $ 550, I believe, for everything. Same manufacturer as I run on my '87 turbo Buick. I believe that you will need some type of controller regardless of what kit you choose. As stated above, even though some of the RWHP & RWTQ comes from the cooling effect of the meth on the incoming charge, most of the benefit of running meth - alky is the ability to increase boost due to the increased octane. You might want to study the market throughly before plunking your money down. Some kits are better than others by a noticeable difference in the quality of the kit components and the engineering behind the kit. HTH
Did you go with a Alkycontrol kit? Thats what my brother runs on his 87 GN and he loves it. Has the controller and all. Only thing about the V is they dont make the washer bottles to hold the meth like they do for fbodies and GN's
Old 05-26-2010, 06:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes, Razor does make the best of the best kits available, IMHO of course. And I also run one on my '87 turbo Buick. And yes Julio does have something worked out for the meth holding tank. Check out the following threads, and I hope that Nine Ball doesn't ban me for posting threads from other forums, but I feel that it is important to have the most info available to make the best choice. HTh

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/alc...lky-candy.html

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ed-meth-2.html

Last edited by Gary Wells; 05-26-2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2010, 02:17 PM
TECH Regular

I just bought a AIS kit...its all trunk mount...
Old 05-27-2010, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by CTS-V LEE
Im goin to buy a devils own meth kit...do i need a controller or can i just get the universal kit...im only running around 6lbs of boost...will i need a tune or can i just install kit without tune? my car is very heat soaked even tho i have a large front mount intercooler...with the 85 degree weather feels like iv lost 50 rwhp...
Your car will never feel like it does in the winter. Even with the meth, your IAT will still go up under boost, but it will drop down a bit if you level off on the throttle.
It seems to work well on a road course. After two long straights, my IAT was 114 in the infield.
It really doesn't seem to work as well with our Maggies as it does with other FI applications. I still like having it though. I'm tuned for it, bit still conservative. One thing I like to do is run it manually after I've been in traffic. If your IAT get real high, it takes forever to get it down much. So after I get to a good speed I turn down the gain on my controller an spray a little meth. This gets the IAT close to ambient temps.

Not sure how it will work without the controller. I wouldn't bother without one.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:53 PM
DMM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It sounds like your HEX system is not filled completely...get the inlet adapter and install it on the passenger side (highest point) about 6" from the intake.

You will be able to install a funnel and watch all the air bubble out as you fill it.

http://www.frozenboost.com/product_i...e0301f4b3c4f63

Last edited by DMM; 12-06-2011 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Also during the summer drain the coolant from my HEX and I run straight H20 + water wetter. This drops the IAT about 5-10 deg during WOT (as read by my gauges). It's not much, but it's cheap and easy.
Old 12-07-2011, 08:06 AM
11 Second Club

your controller is what controls your meth system. Without it it's like having an x- box without the console.

I have a devils own on my dining room table and once the 4 parts I forgot toorder come in (tomorrow) I'll install it pre and post boost in my V2.

To get the most out of meth you really want o install it past boost in a FI car. If your just using it to cool your intake in a NA car you will see a better IAT, but it won't be like your thinking IMO.

I won't run anything but Devils own (what i have) or Alky (what my bro has or others) The snow and other kits out there just dont' fit well with me with the plastic hoses and push locks. I plan on running 100% meth and with that the reading I've done says you need SS lines, and from what I could tell and read DO and Alky are the only one's that make it.

Pay to play....
Old 12-07-2011, 09:41 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Domsz06
your controller is what controls your meth system. Without it it's like having an x- box without the console.

I have a devils own on my dining room table and once the 4 parts I forgot toorder come in (tomorrow) I'll install it pre and post boost in my V2.

To get the most out of meth you really want o install it past boost in a FI car. If your just using it to cool your intake in a NA car you will see a better IAT, but it won't be like your thinking IMO.

I won't run anything but Devils own (what i have) or Alky (what my bro has or others) The snow and other kits out there just dont' fit well with me with the plastic hoses and push locks. I plan on running 100% meth and with that the reading I've done says you need SS lines, and from what I could tell and read DO and Alky are the only one's that make it.

Pay to play....
I've read that most pumps can't run 100% Meth. Alky control yes, but I don't know about DO.

How are you spraying after the blower?
Old 12-07-2011, 10:20 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Twitch1
I've read that most pumps can't run 100% Meth. Alky control yes, but I don't know about DO.

How are you spraying after the blower?
DO can.

nozzle location in red.

Old 12-07-2011, 12:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Domsz06
DO can.

nozzle location in red.
I thought somewhere in the Devil's Own instructions it says not to run 100% Meth, and to only mix with certain types of Meth (something about not using Grade II or something)? I thought I rememberd reading that when doing my install.

Hmmm... your blower blows up? I didn't realize that was the way they were set up. Cool stuff.
Old 12-07-2011, 01:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
I thought somewhere in the Devil's Own instructions it says not to run 100% Meth, and to only mix with certain types of Meth (something about not using Grade II or something)? I thought I rememberd reading that when doing my install.

Hmmm... your blower blows up? I didn't realize that was the way they were set up. Cool stuff.
yeah my blower blows up.

I asked them if their pump would handle it and they said yes. If it doesn't I'll just go buy a alky when it fails.

I won't be using much meth anyway unless I'm at the strip or i upload my aggressive tune.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:18 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS

From DO's FAQ #10

10. What is the maximum alcohol/water ratio your system can handle?

The wetted components in the pump head are chemically compatible with 100% methanol and denatured alcohol. Components are engineered to withstand 100% mixtures for the normal expected life of the product. We recommend not running more than 50/50 mix of water and methanol or other alcohol blends, to reduce the risk of fire and improve consistency and performance.