Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Need Some Help/Advice/Opinions (Lowering/Tires) Mightymouse feel freel to help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Some Help/Advice/Opinions (Lowering/Tires) Mightymouse feel freel to help!

Alright Guys, Im running 275/35 r 19s in the rear and 245/40 r 19s in the front. I am rubbing for some reason in the right rear?? not sure why? Any Ideas?? The car has stock suspension except for the BMR rear bushings. Not sure why I am rubbing... I have the car torn down right now doing some work to it and was looking into doing the H&R springs with the mighty mouse spacer kit. What size tires are yall running with this set up?? I saw mighty mouse post below and that car is a little too low for my taste. And also whats the best all around tire out there right now??? Ive been searching but it looks like no one can come to an agreement on which is which.

I'm fixing to put new rubber in the rear.. And do the H&R springs and the spacers by mighty mouse. So feel free to help me out in any which way you can!! Part numbers etc..

Thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 04:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just picked up his spacers and am gonna do the H&R springs also, but they're back-ordered till the middle of June (I've checked everywhere). I was considering the Eibachs but from what I've seen they sit lower which I don't want. Haven't really decided on a tire size yet so that also means I haven't decided on a brand/model. Leaning towards a 265 out back but I gotta do some searching to see what combo's will work.
Best way to reach Mightymouse is by PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

You could run lower profile tires. I'm running 275/35 18 rear and 245/40 18 front. I have no rubbing issues.

Your size would be 275/30 19 rear and 245/35 19 front.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Launching!

The car should not be rubbing with your current size wheel/tire combo unless there is an issue with wheel offset and/or suspension alignment. You did not specify any specs on the wheel or tire. Many of us are running 10 inch wide CCWs 19s on the rear with no issues. Our tire size range is 275/35/19; 285/35/19; 295/30/19. Maybe a 4 post lift and a couple of guys under your car to solve that issue first would be a good idea. Hope you find out what's going on and keep us posted.
Good luck.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:38 PM
Staging Lane

Im thinking the toe rod may have been a little out of alignment...
Old 06-07-2010, 05:47 PM
Staging Lane

Mighty Mouse.. Got any more spacers?? I'm needing to get some from you.

Also, anyone kno if the H&R springs are off back order? where is the best and cheapest place to get them???

Thanks
Old 06-09-2010, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

Here is where I'm rubbing.. Excuse the nastyness.. the car has been apart for a few days out side...

I'm thinking it may be the toe rod out of alignment a bit.. it doesnt rub inless I hit a big bump or hit a g out spot in the rode...

Anyone have Mighty Mouse's email???

I am going to be pulling the trigger on new tires and wheels tomorrow.. What kind of tires should I run.. For everyday use but good for performance as well..
Old 06-09-2010, 11:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

deezuns@verizon.net is his email........i bought mine off ebay but they arent listed anymore.

I doubt its that far out of alignment to cause the rubbing....your tires would be pretty uneven as far as wear.

are they your pet spiders by the shock tower?

and i have heard nothing but good things about the new nitto NT05's.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:31 PM
Staging Lane

Hey its slow, I see your running the H&R springs, shoot me an email BLBarnes725@gmail.com and let me kno what size tires your running and what you did!

I have no clue why I'm rubbing like that.. just in the left rear! It only does it sometimes..
Old 06-09-2010, 11:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Im not much help to you im running stock wheels and stock sized gsd3s all the way around. 245/45/18......no issues whatsoever.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:40 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

take it to an allignment shop and make sure the toe and camber are correct
(hopefully the toe and camber are too far in on that side!)

if they are to spec then you may have one wheel made differently than the other???
measure from the inside wheel lip to the mounting surface (removed from the car)

even if it is off.. aside from freaking out on the maker of the wheel, you could have a spacer made to make up the difference (i know a guy )
Old 06-10-2010, 07:05 AM
Staging Lane

Mighty, I recently wrecked the car this is why I am lowering it and doing a few things to her while I have it apart.. so the wheels are KO'd anyways and the alignment aswell

Quick Reply: Need Some Help/Advice/Opinions (Lowering/Tires) Mightymouse feel freel to help!