Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Anybody know how to straighten a bent bumper cover?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 03:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anybody know how to straighten a bent bumper cover?

So I curbed the front bumper cover pretty bad, and it has a couple of spots underneath where it got creased. It isn't cracked at all, but it's bent and won't straighten out. Anybody know how to fix this without screwing the bumper up even more?
Old 06-06-2010, 06:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just one of my Impala SS's rear-ended resulting in in a pretty nasty crease. I took the bumper off and left it in the sun. The next day (Arizona sun) the crease was gone where the bumper reformed on it's own. I might have been lucky but you might have similar results if you leave it out on a hot sunny day and after it's been softened up some you might be able to reform it by hand.
Good luck.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I should have thought of that. I had it inside because I had to fix the lower grille and the brake duct on the driver's side. I also took rubbing compound to my headlights and fog/marker lights to try to get some of the scratches out. I should have left the bumper cover outside to try that. It was like 105 degrees here in El Paso today too. I'll have to try it the next time I pull the bumper. I had to put it back on the car in order to drive to work tomorrow. Fortunately it takes about 30 minutes to remove it.

Quick Reply: Anybody know how to straighten a bent bumper cover?