Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Track day with the lightweight Fidanza twin

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Track day with the lightweight Fidanza twin

I posted this in the road race forum and the other V forum. Thought it might be of interest.
Just wanted to report back on the new super light Fidanza twin clutch at Autobahn Trackday (MVP). On the track, this clutch IMO really changes the car alot. Exit speeds seem like your driving a different car and modulating the throttle at high RPMs feels easier and more precise. In the brake zones the car throttles down quicker and rev matching is alot smoother. This has everything to do with knocking 40 lbs off the stock clutch. Shifts are smooth and engagement is quick at 6000+ rpms. I did peg the rev limiter about three times the first session. I bought this clutch because of it's weight not holding power and it's paid off.
I'm the first one not to take trackday stories seriously since they are not races and the drivers abilities can vary greatly, but I will say that I had a Nissan GTR and a Shelby GT500 in my group and these guys chased me all day. I would gladly give them a pass but after leaving the corners leading to the straights they just couldn't present themselves on the inside for a point by because I could scram out of the opening turn leading to the straight and get a good lead. I couldn't drop them in the straight but they couldn't come around me for sure. Later on, the guy in the Shelby had to come over and see the V to find out "what you got in that thing". He couldn't believe a Caddy was so quick. A Lotus and I traded "point by's" a few times and even though he was braking at the one or two marker, the V could make up some ground on the exit line if you could really roll out the gas. All in all the light weight twin makes the V a better track performer and I wouldn't hesitate to replace it with another one when I kill it.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:00 PM
TECH Resident

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Excellent, congrats!
Old 06-11-2010, 10:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Thumbs up roadrace

Originally Posted by 1BADCTS
Excellent, congrats!
congrats also to BIG BU BU... Do u have the MAP setup???
also ,sorry to get off topic but 1BADCTS..what is your clutch setup???
I have similar dyno #'s but was told to go with 30lb. flywheel...I have a Mcleod twin disc ready to put in when my stock LS-2 clutch goes up...

Again congrats to BIG BU BU....i know that made your day..i bet u were grinning from ear to ear I have never been roadracing...I don't even know of any tracks near Balto.... i think I'll do a search on that now..Your thread has gotten me all excitedYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHa
Old 06-12-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by GREG O.
congrats also to BIG BU BU... Do u have the MAP setup???
also ,sorry to get off topic but 1BADCTS..what is your clutch setup???
I have similar dyno #'s but was told to go with 30lb. flywheel...I have a Mcleod twin disc ready to put in when my stock LS-2 clutch goes up...

Again congrats to BIG BU BU....i know that made your day..i bet u were grinning from ear to ear I have never been roadracing...I don't even know of any tracks near Balto.... i think I'll do a search on that now..Your thread has gotten me all excitedYeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeHa
Yes I have the MAP set up. I think that's the only one who makes it.