Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Failed TPMS reset and now Performance mode doesn't work?

Old 06-16-2010, 12:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Failed TPMS reset and now Performance mode doesn't work?

Hi,
I went through the drill to recalibrate the TPMS sensors per instruction on Cadillac FAQ to try and reset a funky LF wheel. In the process I was not able to get the RR to register. As a result I never received the double honk signaling completion. Now I'm not able to get the car to go into Performance Mode.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Instructions are:

# 1) key in RUN, engine off
# 2) park brake set, cluster on pressure display
# 3) press and hold BOTH the LOCK and UNLOCK SIMULTANEOUSLY for about 10 secs until the horn honks. (on the Keyless Entry remote)
# 4) let air out of (or put air into) Left front tire until you hear another horn honk (only let the air our for about 3-5 seconds.... then be patient and wait for the honk... it could take up to 20-30 seconds before it honks)
# 5) repeat on Right Front tire
# 6) repeat on Right Rear tire
# 7) repeat on Left Rear tire
# 8) after left rear tire you should hear a double honk and the process is complete
# 9) verify the pressures on the cluster display
Old 06-16-2010, 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, if all sensors aren't reading you can't enable performance modes....my sensors won't calibrate the 'normal' way either...I have to go to the dealer, you basically go through the same procedure but they have a device you hold next to the tpms in lieu of letting air out of the tires. Never been charged for it, they just do it in the service lane in about 5 minutes.
Old 06-16-2010, 02:29 PM
TECH Resident

All 4 of my sensors just stopped reading one morning when I started my car after a cold snap...a cold snap here meaning 20's..haha. I can still go into competitive mode and turn off the stability control. I would like my sensors back though.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

If they all stop working and you drive for ~50miles it disables them and the system works as normal.
Old 06-16-2010, 03:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nikon
If they all stop working and you drive for ~50miles it disables them and the system works as normal.
That is the case for his circumstance, correct? I have put more than 1k miles on mine and it still won't go into performance mode.

I was never able to get the RR to register in multiple attempts, so the gauge shows my LR pressure in the RR position, and a -- reading for LR.

I need some new rear tires anyway, so I will buy a new sensor to be prepared. Two actually, to cover the funky LF one.
Old 06-16-2010, 04:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

^ correct, all of them have to stop working to go normal again....And you may not need to buy new sensors I would try having them re-programmed at the dealer first.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by nikon
^ correct, all of them have to stop working to go normal again....And you may not need to buy new sensors I would try having them re-programmed at the dealer first.
Great, thanks for your help.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Failed TPMS reset and now Performance mode doesn't work?