Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

LED Taillights...

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2010, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LED Taillights...

Everyone here is familiar with the frustration of driving a modern Cadillac that came without LED taillights. They are so familiar in so many other Cadillacs is really crazy there wasn't even an option on the CTS. I mean they came standard on the DTS since 2000. Well they might not make your car go any faster but I want them. Too bad there aren't that many options

1.There is of course the option of replacing the bulbs with LED bulbs. I like the vertical lights that are familiar on newer caddies. Replacing the bulbs just gives you separate, circular bulbs.

2. There is one aftermarket option I have found but it looks more like a Lite-Brite than Cadillac.

3. You can always modify the stock housing right? Well i know with certain cars you can bake the housing until the adhesive releases. Has/Can anyone done/do this? I noticed the XLR taillights are the most similar in shape when compared to the DTS and STS. It would be an awesome swap if possible. just brainstorming via forum. Any thoughts?

XLR Taillight
http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...ctive=exterior
Old 06-23-2010, 03:58 PM
Launching!

Those look like the ones that were once for sale for $200 or something but the seller jacked the price up when everyone went to ask about them. The worry was how bright they were or what they looked like light-up. Seems to be a good looking set of tail lights.
Old 07-14-2010, 06:04 PM
Staging Lane

Anybody got a pic of these with niteshades ontop?

Quick Reply: LED Taillights...