Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Long drives but had some fun

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 09:14 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Long drives but had some fun

Wife and I went up to Highlands, NC on Saturday for a good friend of mine's wedding. I fell in love with the V all over again on those twisties on the way up. Wife had her eyes closed the whole time but I was having a blast. This is my first LS powered car and I must say the torque out of this thing was aweseome. I put it in 4th and it stayed there pretty much the whole time and easily made it up some 8-10+ degree climbs around some switchbacks.

Then on Sunday we drove up to Charlotte, NC for a meet-and-great for her work....Just amazed me that a 400hp car that will eat mountain roads up will still get 25mpg on the highway and haul all 4 members of the family in style and comfort....

on a side note: My 4 yr old daughter informed me on the ride home yesterday that she no longer wants the mustang in the garage. She told me that I can drive the mustang and she is going to drive the V....we will see how well everything works on that one.....
Old 06-28-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sounds like you duaghter is already turning into a gear nut.

i cant wait to take my on a nice road trip to California. i am thinking about taking the backroads and go through the Sierras just to have a little fun with the car.