Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

anybody ever used this stuff.....

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 08:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default anybody ever used this stuff.....

on there car or wheels? this stuff works great on the wheels!!! no kidding. i put it on my wheels 3 weeks ago and it's actually keepin the brake dust off. my wheels still look clean!
Attached Thumbnails anybody ever used this stuff.....-getattachment.jpg  
Old 11-09-2009, 10:04 PM
On The Tree

there were some guys at the gas station trying to sell that stuff.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:12 PM
On The Tree

where do u get it??
Old 11-09-2009, 11:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

you are correct! some guy sold it to me at the gas station. i felt ripped off cause i bought 2 bottles of it for 20 bux. its been sitting in the garage for a couple of months. i decided to use it and it works. what a big suprise!

Last edited by A-Bomb; 11-10-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:36 AM
Launching!

works well on windows too....
I bought just one can.....from a gas station guy too...

--jerry
Old 11-10-2009, 12:50 AM

Some guy tried to sell me some at a gas station, too. I was in my Jeep, literally dripping with mud. He polished a small area and I was impressed- till he told me he wanted $18/can. No sale.

Fast forward a year and for my birthday, my wife gives me this gift/box set of- yup, this brand's stuff- wax, tire dressing, gp cleaner, glass cleaner, like 6 cans total plus a couple microfiber towels.

I give the woman a hard time, got suckered, etc... bastid sold her everything, plus an extra can of the wax... for $40. At the gas station, of course...

This stuff kicks ***!!! I like it better than the $20 meguires wax I bought (what a burn that was). The tire dressing sucks ***, but it's good for spraying up inside the wheel wells...

I use the wax on the body, wheels, did the glass once but now use RainX. The real cool thing is if you get it on black or rubber parts, it wipes right off, unlike normal waxes.

So, ya... good stuff. (send your woman... they seem to get the deal!!)
Old 11-10-2009, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jerrycecco
works well on windows too....
I bought just one can.....from a gas station guy too...

--jerry

i did not use it on my windows or paint because i use the claybar and showtime shine or whatever it is. but he did spray a lil spot on my window and when he was done he touched it and it wouldn't leave fingerprints on the windows. i just figured his hands were dry or whatever. he was tryin to sell me 2 cans for $25 and i said no. i said 1 can for ten and then we went from there. it really does work though. i'm impressed.

i am now a salesman for this stuff, who wants to buy some? JUST KIDDING!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seems to only be sold down in texas... i havent had any one try to sell me any of it.
Old 11-10-2009, 11:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Looks like it is now available to anyone with a computer and credit card:

http://www.fw1shine.com/
Old 11-15-2009, 06:23 PM
Teching In

They were selling this at the gas station on Marine Corps Air Station Miramar several months ago. I bought two cans for $20-22. It works pretty good for spot cleaning. Don't know if you guys have every had a motorcycle but Honda used to sell something just like this at their parts department "Honda Polish". Used it periodically to shine up my bike. Spot clean the cowl, tank, etc. Works great but you don't want to use it all the time due to wax build up. Honda used to sell it for $20 for about a 20oz can. So, if you can get two cans of this stuff or $20, buy it.

I used it on my CTS-V wheels and it helped very little to keep the brake dust off my wheels. The V's wheels are just destined to get dusty. At least they stop good!

As for the CTS-V paint. Used it as I said to spot clean and it works good. Used it on my Camaro too.

Just another opinion.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM

Default Worldwide Happy Customers of FW1 Wash & Wax

Hello its William with FW1SHINE.COM you may write us at sales@fw1shine.com. Long story short FW1 Wash & Wax is a superior product when you follow directions & use a microfiber towel at finish you achieve a show car shine that can last over 3 months. Please visit FW1SHINE.COM for more FW1 product information and to place your order for FW1 products. FW1SHINE.COM we have commercial & residential customers worldwide limousine services, Dept of Defense, School Districts, Cleaning Services, Ship Yards all worldwide. Try FW1 products and FW1SHINE.COM online order processing services we believe your purchasing experience with FW1SHINE.COM and the show car finish will resolve all your questions concerning FW1 Wash & Wax results. Satisfaction Guaranteed!!!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by wingsfan4ever
Don't know if you guys have every had a motorcycle but Honda used to sell something just like this at their parts department "Honda Polish". Used it periodically to shine up my bike. Spot clean the cowl, tank, etc. Works great but you don't want to use it all the time due to wax build up. Honda used to sell it for $20 for about a 20oz can. So, if you can get two cans of this stuff or $20, buy it.

Just another opinion.
The polish used to be called Honda Pro Polish and it rocked and smelled great, then Honda changed suppliers. The new stuff is not as good. The original manufacturer started offering the original formula under its own brand Original Bike Sprits. It's great stuff, way better than Honda's current offering.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

I bought the Eagle One stuff that's supposed to keep the brake dust off your wheels..... I waited 30 mins after applying and followed all the directions to a T.....turned from a white glaze to almost invisible, not near as good as the ones on the bottle of course...It was a complete waste of $$$$, did not keep wheels clean whatsoever
Old 07-06-2010, 09:37 PM

That stuff in a can is supposed to be a wash without water. When a guy wants to use a nasty dirt filled rag to test his product on my clean V you get the KISS MY A$$. For the wheels Meguiars all wheel cleaner which is no touch cleaner then hit it with chrome polish and you have non sticking brake dust. For use on chrome spokes only. Best of the best.
Old 07-06-2010, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by bamacaddy
I bought the Eagle One stuff that's supposed to keep the brake dust off your wheels..... I waited 30 mins after applying and followed all the directions to a T.....turned from a white glaze to almost invisible, not near as good as the ones on the bottle of course...It was a complete waste of $$$$, did not keep wheels clean whatsoever
Yep tried it once and now it sits on the shelf.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:54 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CancerJCC
Yep tried it once and now it sits on the shelf.
The V is sitting in the garage as we speak and the wheels are off and will be a dark graphite by the end of the day, seriously have to wash the wheels twice a week....now they'll just get darker