Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

service air bag?????

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2010, 04:46 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default service air bag?????

my air bag light came on this morning.. and on the nav screen it said service air bag.... anyone else ever have this issue... im going to take it to the dealer in a couple week but dont hae time untill then and i fly out for chicago at the end of the month... so if anyone has any idea about what it might be. it would be nice...
Old 07-08-2010, 09:49 AM
Launching!

I have same issue. Haven't had time to check it out. Just popped up one day out of nowhere. Please update if you get a diagnosis.

Do you have an aftermarket radio?
Old 07-08-2010, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

I have had this issue also a few months ago. Its the passenger presence sensor under the front passenger seat that was defective. It should be covered under warranty. If not I've heard it can be expensive. Heres a link from cadillac forums. http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ag-system.html
Old 07-08-2010, 01:16 PM
Launching!

Damn....I'm just gonna swap the passenger seat from my totaled V onto this one if it's the same code. I wonder what the heck is going wrong with those sensors and more importantly if it's repairable?

Has anyone out of warranty due to time but not mileage had any luck getting dealer to cover it?
Old 07-18-2010, 01:15 PM
Staging Lane

im pretty sure that it is that sensor in the seat... when someoe sits in it it never turns the light in the mirror to on... i was wondering if there was a way to jumper that soit just thinks that there is somone in the seat at all times... i dont plan on having kids anytime soon and if i did i would put them in the back seat anyway... if anyone could help that would be great... i have factory radio