Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

Rearend Fell Out!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:15 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rearend Fell Out!!!

So I was driving the other day and started hearing a loud clunking noise. Seeing how I was right by a Hibdons I pulled in and asked if we could put it on the lift and see what the problem was. Well once we got it up the whole diff and everything was literally sitting on my exhaust. The exhaust was the only thing holding the diff and cv axles up. It turns out one of the four bolts holding the rearend up sheared off. Since I already had the car there and didnt have any way to tow it home at the time I asked them to fix it. I would have just done the repairs myself but it would had been a week till I could of even began to start working on it. So they had to drop the exhaust, rearend, and everything else out of the car and then run all over town trying to find a bolt. After finding a stinkin bolt everything got put back. It turns out that the bolt had been broken for quite some time and it finally worked it way out and let the rearend drop. Well after a 380.00 dollar bill I got my car back. Everything feels great. Car is very tight and feels brand new again. Im so glad that this all happened at low speeds and not on the highway. The funny thing is I was actually about to go race a camaro SS but then heard the noise.
Old 07-28-2010, 02:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'd be happy to pay the 380 in that circumstance. Thats a happy ending, sounds like it could of gotten real ugly for you and the car if you would of raced that SS. Glad it didnt go the other way.
Old 07-28-2010, 04:40 PM
Launching!

That's kinda scary actually. Glad nothing bad happened.

How many miles are on your car?
Old 07-28-2010, 04:43 PM
12 Second Club

geez crazy. Lucky you huh>