Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

questions about cts-v and cts - newb

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 10:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default questions about cts-v and cts - newb

ok so iv been looking into an 07 cts.
they are verrry nice, however...obviously the cts-V is waaaay nicer...

My question is:
of the same year...will cts-v fenders and such fit a regular cts? specifiaclly reffering to the front bumper, and brake vent.

kind of like the c6 zo6, whereas you can put the wide fanders on the base c6

I really like the lines of the cts-v
Looking for options when customizing it to make it my own.
thanks
Old 08-01-2010, 02:01 PM
Staging Lane

It should fit no issues.... however it is still a major FAIL. I know whenever I see V grill on a CTS I make sure to rev the engine and give them a nasty look. Might as well buy a 300 and pretend it is a Bentley
Old 08-01-2010, 03:05 PM
TECH Resident

I second that. I had a black cts merge onto the highway behind me a few weeks ago. Saw the v upper grille and assumed it was a v. He goes to pass me briskly and I was waiting to give him a thumbs up. As he went by I noticed it had no lower grill, sideskirts, v badges and a diff rear bumper but he had chrome v wheels. I literally laughed and then showed him what a real v can do with a quick 2 gear pull to 120. I used to love all the gt's made to look like terminators too when I had mine. They got smashed even worse.
Old 08-01-2010, 04:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

^^^hahahaha
Old 08-01-2010, 09:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i see no issues with you putting v body stuff on a normal cts. just like people run the z06 fenders for the ability to have a better stance or run more tire, its cool just as long as they dont put z06 emblems on the car.
Old 08-02-2010, 05:52 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by liqidvenom
i see no issues with you putting v body stuff on a normal cts. just like people run the z06 fenders for the ability to have a better stance or run more tire, its cool just as long as they dont put z06 emblems on the car.
True but most putting the Z06 fenders on the base C6 do so for the exact reasons you stated. They need more tire as they have a lot more power than stock. Whatever floats your boat, it is your car but most enthusiast look down upon this type of thing unless like the above, it is for a reason.
Old 08-02-2010, 06:56 AM
TECH Resident

A friend of mine ran into a regular looking CTS, even had stock rims and single exhaust.

Sounded all quiet but took down 450awhp EVOs.

Turns out the owner had a mallet corvette he crashed and he just transplanted the motor and trans into the base CTS.

I think thats just plain awesome, usually people go for the fast look alone, like OP here.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd take it as a compliment if someone was mimicking my car. I don't understand the aggressiveness towards wanna'bees. I mean I'd rather spend money doing something else, but if someone wants to pretend or wish they had the same car, it shouldn't diminish how I feel about my own car. You still know what you're driving. Are you afraid it's going to make people start thinking YOURS is fake? So what? They aren't getting the fun of driving it.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by siggyfreud
I'd take it as a compliment if someone was mimicking my car. I don't understand the aggressiveness towards wanna'bees. I mean I'd rather spend money doing something else, but if someone wants to pretend or wish they had the same car, it shouldn't diminish how I feel about my own car. You still know what you're driving. Are you afraid it's going to make people start thinking YOURS is fake? So what? They aren't getting the fun of driving it.
this....
Old 08-02-2010, 11:37 AM
CTS-V Shifter Sales

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I agree with that also. I think the upper grill was put on some base models from the factory at the end of the production run.
Old 08-02-2010, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

i was not planning on adding the v logo by any means. Just saying the front end looks nice on the cts-v.
I would like a v but its signifacantly more expensive...but i might make up the difference in body mods...so in the long run the investment might be better to just get a v.
Iv had the ws6, the c6, and now a truck. Just want something fun to drive...i found an 07 for a steel...thought it would be fun...cuz anything is faster then my truck lol
Old 08-02-2010, 02:59 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TUMBLRws6
i was not planning on adding the v logo by any means. Just saying the front end looks nice on the cts-v.
I would like a v but its signifacantly more expensive...but i might make up the difference in body mods...so in the long run the investment might be better to just get a v.
Iv had the ws6, the c6, and now a truck. Just want something fun to drive...i found an 07 for a steel...thought it would be fun...cuz anything is faster then my truck lol
Gotcha. I was under the impression you were doing badges etc.... A lot of guys did it to V6 and GT Mustangs when I had my Terminator. They would actually represent it as a Cobra too until they got called out. Flattery is one thing, downright misrepresenting something and talking it up as something it is not is what I was referring too. The V- parts definately add a nice touch to the base CTS. Minus the badges of course.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

outta curiosity, why not just save up a little more and buy an 04-05 V? You can get a nice one for about 18 these days. Then you get the bite to back up the bark.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

I wouldn't mind having a cts as a daily driver. I wouldn't put a V front end on it but I'd definitely roll one as it would keep the miles off my V.
Old 08-08-2010, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

a local guy has a cts with a custom blue paint, rims, tint, magnaflow it seems and honestly i would wish my V would be that sharp.

gm dropped the ball by not offering the v in more sexy colors, that lambo blue or what ever it is looks mean.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Not to rain on anyones parade here, but if it were me personally, I would rather have a sort of run down looking but properly running CTS-V than having a great looking CTS mocking a CTS-V that has no bite.
A sleeper is the height of KOOL, a copycat is just a copycat, with or without badging.
Financially, you would be way better off buying a CTS-V than a CTS and spending the difference on appearance mods, everything else being equal.
If you need to sell a CTS-V, lots of peeps are looking, but if you are selling a CTS that sort of looks like a CTS-V, you will not only lose the money for the mods, you will probably have a very hard time selling and a very limited market. HTH
No slamming intended, but if you think about it, a CTS-V is the only way to go for a performance minded person.
Now you know why a real CTS-V goes for what it does and is in demand as much as they are.
Seriously consider your choices before you make any fast moves that you will probably regret later, and pay for too.
HTH

Quick Reply: questions about cts-v and cts - newb