Cadillac CTS-V 2004-2007 (Gen I) The Caddy with an Attitude...

'09 V spark plug question....

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '09 V spark plug question....

My original oem spark plugs came out because I was thinking that possibly they might have fouled out from running too lean from the maf's etc. Couldnt hurt to go colder. On one of them there was a crack forming on the porcelin, one looked like it was covered in white mold. My guess is they they were too hot for what the car was going through but I don't have much expeirance on plug reading. What do you guys think ?

http://img839.imageshack.us/g/19436852.jpg/

I'm hearing mixed opinions on going with either the NGK TR6's or the iridium version the Ix6's. I always had good luck with the iridiums on other cars but i've heard you can get away with more timing on the coppers...
Old 08-17-2010, 08:28 PM
Staging Lane

sooooooooooooooooo
Old 08-17-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

D3 has some good Quad Tips. D3 is a little expensive, but you get one you pay for. They have a lot of things designed just for the Vs, and they have been coming out with a lot of new things for the V2s.
Old 08-18-2010, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

Brother has a boosted V1 pushing 510 to the wheels and he uses NGK TR6....
Old 08-19-2010, 09:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ColeGraham
D3 has some good Quad Tips. D3 is a little expensive, but you get one you pay for. They have a lot of things designed just for the Vs, and they have been coming out with a lot of new things for the V2s.
Those plugs are just E3 plugs, not D3. I tested them and there is 0 gain over stock with them. 0.
Old 08-19-2010, 12:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by wait4me
Those plugs are just E3 plugs, not D3. I tested them and there is 0 gain over stock with them. 0.
^^^They are called D3. I have 8 of them, and every single one of them are marked the same way.

D3 Cadillac Research and Design. They are located in Signal Hill, CA. And in the products section, there is the D3 Quad Tip Spark Plugs by by Torquemaster.

Product Description: By offering a more powerful spark and superior combustion, the /D3/ Performance Spark Plugs are designed with a unique Quad Tipped head allowing for greater spark and a more unified rate of fire.

Exclusively manufactured for /D3/ by Torquemaster. Made in the USA

Website

As far as gains, I never buy spark plugs expected gains. I bought these plugs for my V because they where the best reviewed spark plugs I could find. They are a little bit more money ($15 per plug), but I will send the extra money to get something great, rather then save a few bucks and get something that is good or just ok.

Quick Reply: '09 V spark plug question....